Page 69 of 283 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 69

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Scales lie to the tune of @ 4 lbs.... since you can have a daily water shift of @ 1-2 liters per day.... OK, I could have stopped at Scales lie....
    I've noticed that myself, which is why I said "the scale's lying," not "OMG, I'm gaining weight WTF?!?!"
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I've noticed that myself, which is why I said "the scale's lying," not "OMG, I'm gaining weight WTF?!?!"
    I think the scales always lie. In my head, I'm 150 pounds and gorgeous!
    Georgette

Speaking of lying scales:
    I have no useful indication from my history on a good HSIS weight for myself. I swung from underweight in college to pudgy after college very quickly (4-6 mos,) and I was still developing physically at the time. Since full maturity, I've not been at HSIS weight and have no inkling what it should be. Most calculators peg it at 115-125. While I do have a small frame, I also have a fair amount of muscle, more so than is normally assumed for my height (5'2") and frame size. Any ideas?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Speaking of lying scales:
    I have no useful indication from my history on a good HSIS weight for myself. I swung from underweight in college to pudgy after college very quickly (4-6 mos,) and I was still developing physically at the time. Since full maturity, I've not been at HSIS weight and have no inkling what it should be. Most calculators peg it at 115-125. While I do have a small frame, I also have a fair amount of muscle, more so than is normally assumed for my height (5'2") and frame size. Any ideas?
    I wish I could help you on that. I've never been HSIS. My guess for me is 150 pounds just cause I'm a larger frame.
    Georgette

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I've never been HSIS. My guess for me is 150 pounds just cause I'm a larger frame.
    Exactly, plus if I got to 160 then back to 180 in all muscle mass I would look a hell of a lot hotter than just getting down to 180 so how does one accurately measure it anyway?

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Maybe shoot for a steady 120 for now? I've got 4" on you and with my frame (and lack of muscle), my HSIS weight is 120 (not as hot as I'd like, but fixing the muscle bit will resolve that). I imagine you as quite a bit more muscular, so I think 120 is reasonable, but then again, I don't know. I got pretty used to knowing what 3-5 lbs looks like on me, with fluctuations over the course of my starting primal (135 lbs) and now (120-125 lbs).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I say just go until you're happy with your appearane. I am aiming for 140 b/c that's where I was after Army basic training 12 years ago. I was a bit pudgy then b/c I was still overeating carbs and it quickly caught up with me (first thing I ate after leaving Ft. Sill was a Krispie Kreme donut, followed by a cigarette, followed by Burger King and that trend continued. In 5 years I was up to 175 and trying my damnedest to get smaller for my wedding dress...) I want 140 with a flat tummy again. I don't need a six pack just a flat tummy. But, who knows... I might find that at 150 and be happy.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I say just go until you're happy with your appearane. I am aiming for 140 b/c that's where I was after Army basic training 12 years ago. I don't need a six pack just a flat tummy. But, who knows... I might find that at 150 and be happy.
    Sounds about right. I was 187 coming out of basic so my current goals are 200 then 180. 160 is more of a 'is it even possible' pipe dream

Lunch was Jason's Deli, to the tune of the salad bar (field greens, a grape tomato, cuke, balsamic vinaigrette, feta blend, bacon, and an egg) and a cup of tomato basil.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I forgot, I was HSIS at age 11. College guys kept asking me out. Don't know which I was not proud of more?
    Georgette