Page 65 of 283 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 65

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Dinner actually went fairly well. Boiled crawdads, boiled shrimp, sausage wrapped shrimp, garlic shrimp, hot and sour soup (I avoided the tofu, so I avoided at least a few of the carbs and bad stuff), roast chicken, salmon I scraped the cheese mayo goop off, broccoli from broccoli and beef, and green beans. Yes, I'm over my carbs again, but I think I'm still below 40g carbs. I'm also high on protein and low on fat, but that's not as big a deal for one day as the carbs.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Slept 9 hrs 21min. It appears that I tend sleep an hour less than I'm in bed. Definitely feel better though.
    I should eat. Brunch sounds good. Berries and cream cheese rolled up in lox sounds divine. I'm out of lox. Off to the store!
    ETA: because I was lazy and didn't feel like dealing with people, I made tilapia instead. Made a broken sauce out of cream cheese, butter, a little cream, and some fresh blackberries and cooked two tilapia fillets in it.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 02-02-2013 at 10:31 AM.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Dinner was at the Mexican food place again. 3/4 oz pork rinds and 3 tbsp salsa, 1 catfish fillet, more salsa (approx 3 tbsp), 1/4 c cheddar, 2 c romaine, 1 tomato slice, 1/4 c cuke chunks.
    My Latest Journal

W00t! Down to 125.8. (TMI) Even while spotting!(/TMI)
    Lunch will probably be nothing more than BP black tea, half butter, half cream.
    My Latest Journal

Brunch was a garlic sausage and BP tea w/ 1/4 c heavy cream and 2 tbsp butter. It's a LOT better when you don't grab the salted butter.
    I also took a hot bath while drinking my tea and had an interesting result. I started shaking and getting light headed about 15 min after my bath (it seemed to be full on hypoglycemic/ low blood pressure shakes) and had to sit on the couch for a minute to get it to go away. I don't think I tolerate hot water anymore.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 02-03-2013 at 11:51 AM.
    My Latest Journal

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    What was in the bath? When I read about "detox" baths, they recommended getting out VERY slowly and making sure to hydrate before, during, and after the bath. Also not to do anything remotely strenuous for a little while after. I think it's a blood pressure thing, though I'm sure some would say it's the release of "toxins". Not sure I buy that.
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

Water was all that was in the tub prior to me rinsing off. I wonder if it was bending over after the hat water that did it? For the hot tub, I was bending over to get my swimsuit off the floor, and for the bath, I was putting the dishes away. Neither of those are exactly strenuous.
    My Latest Journal

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Could be. In that case, it would definitely be a blood pressure thing. I imagine that hot water might somehow deplete sodium?
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

I dunno about the hot water, but I know sweating would. I was sweating while I was in the tub, and I don't have much sodium to lose, so that makes sense.
    My Latest Journal

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Learn More
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    ... for the bath, I was putting the dishes away...
    I would just take this as a good reason not to put dishes away. Maybe not to wash them, either, just to be safe!