Page 64 of 271 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 64

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Nice. Good to see it having an effect. Sounds like you are on the mend.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Either way, something is working for ya. I'm getting that warm feeling now too. Sleep is definitely much better as well.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Dammit, I KNEW not to eat that pie. Fucking sugar. It was good though. Not worth the pain, but good. And I avoided the crust.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Today was a salad day. Breakfast was a corned beast, gouda, and jalapeno muenster roll up. Lunch was a chef's salad, a few bites of potato soup, and the innards of a millionaire pie. Dinner was a steak BAS with bleu cheese dressing. Even with the pie, I came in under 50 g carbs. While that's almost double goal, I'm still under 50g, so still VLC. I felt the sugar rush, which is an indication my adrenals are coming back.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Time for some factoids to help me parse putting EMF together with adrenal fatigue stuff.
    1) The calorie calculators are 50 kinds of wrong. My average burn, according to my fitbit is 1800-1900 calories, with an extra 150-200 cal on days I work out.
    2) In terms of working out, it is recommended I stick with gentle stuff, like qi gong, light yoga, light water aerobics, tai chi, walking, that sort of thing. I'm supposed to avoid heavy cardio and heavy weight work outs.
    3) There seems to be a split in the AF community when it come to protein and carbs. There's the VLC/ high protein crowd, and the equal split between the 3 macros crowd. Nearest I can tell, the equal split people align more with CW and the VLC/ high protein people tend to be of the primal/ paleo bent. The VLC take on it seems more in line with what my chiro recommended and seems to work better for me, in that it seems to moderate the hypoglycemic symptoms more than feed them. I've been trying to parse the high protein idea and the best I can tell is it's to help reintroduce the body to a healthy steady base for metabolism, much like getting rid of the sugar. I have a hypothesis that a higher amount of protein would help in healing what is broken throughout my body, thus my cravings for it, but I can't find confirmation or contradiction of that.
    Going with those, I'm bumping down to 1600 cal goal, 26g carbs and under, roughly 100g protein, and balance fat.
    4) Everyone I read seems to agree that sat fats and mono-unsats are the way to go.
    5) I need to actively lower my stress levels, either by ditching the stressor, rewiring my brain's response to the stressor so I no longer see it as one, or learning to moderate my stress levels from said stressor. Nothing is the end of the world and I need to retrain my body and brain to agree. You'll probably see more mental stuff on here while I tackle that head first.
    6) I need to get more religious with my bed time (before 1030) and getting as much sleep as I need.
    7) I need to get more religious with breakfast and meal timing. I also need to get snacks to keep at the office for an afternoon snack.
    8) I need to make a conscious effort to have a belly laugh (but not a forced belly laugh) at least once a day.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    This is totally unscientific, but I have felt intuitively that I need protein to fix myself when I'm sick. I'm made of protein, after all. Seems only logical that is what I would need if I'm sick or hurt. I remember saying this when I was like 8 years old. I was a primal prodigy! (Massive joke) Like that stupid saying - you are what you eat - well, I'm not an eggplant. I'm muscle, fat, bone. Although there's nothing wrong with an eggplant every now and then.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Hmm... interesting. THis fitbit creature is proving more and more valuable to me. I've been examining my sleep records since I got the thing and found a couple interesting bits.
    1) I always wake up around 3 AM, regardless of whether I notice it.
    2) I tend not to sleep well, if at all, between 3 and 4 AM. I know from all nighters in college that's when one of my cortisol levels peak, because I'd be damn near dancing around the apartment to burn off energy.
    3) I need at least 7 hours of true sleep- not 7 hours in bed- to feel in partially rested.
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I wanna get a bodymedia device. I probably could this week. Brad got a LOT of overtime and with taxes coming we'll be good for saving for the furlough. He just asked if he could have $300 for the race car, so maybe I can have $50 to buy a GoWearFit off eBay. I think I will.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Walked to the gym after work and plodded on the deadmill. (Well, plodded is a relative term. I'm sure that my 2 mph plod would have someone else huffing and pudding to keep up.) Got up to 9500 steps for the day and hopped on the stairmaster, only to find out that doesn't trigger my fitbit as stairs. I hopped off after 2 "flights" and went up and down the real stairs 5 times. I realized that had my heart rate too high (how pathetic is that?), so I walked home. Sitting pretty at 11,276 steps and 4.55 mi walked today, and we're going out for dinner.
    Dinner will be at a Chinese buffet. Should definitely be able to get my salt in. Low carb, no sugar will be enough of a challenge, so I'm throwing my protein restriction out.
    For those unaware (everyone, I guess, since I've never mentioned it), I tend to be always low in sodium, even in bloodwork. Part of it is never adding salt and part of it is not eating out very often. I consistently come in under the RDA for salt. It tends to balance itsel by making me crave salt when I've burned through what I have stored. I believe that's what I have subclinical (superclinical?) low blood pressure and is most assuredly a factor in my adrenal fatigue.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is online now Senior Member
    I've always added salt to food even more so. I think between that stress has led to my high bp issues. I'm working on not adding salt to things. It's sort of difficult but getting easier.
    Georgette