Page 62 of 267 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 62

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Global Warming..... it's gotta be Global Warming...
    Where's Al Gore when ya need him?
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Having tilapia, broccoli rabb, and green beans smothered in chile (damn, forgot the butter.)
    (Yes, this is another nuke a meal.)
    Should probably drink some bone broth afterward and add some salt to it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Dinner was shrimp and veggie scalfredo. Did water aerobics after work.
    Shrimp and Veggie Scalfredo
    1/2 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
    2 tbsp butter
    1 cup thawed frozen veggies (I used broccoli normandy)
    1/2 c heavy cream
    1/4 c parm sawdust
    6 cloves garlic, minced
    Heat 2 tbsp butter in a pan until bubbling. Add 6 cloves minced garlic. When that's fragrant but not cooked down (approx 1-2 min), add 1/2 c cream and 1/3 c sawdust parmesan (the stuff in the plastic container.) Throw in your meat and veggies of choice (I used shrimp and thawed frozen veggies) and cook (stirring every few minutes, until it's all happy and cooked through. Pour into a bowl and devour.
    Serves 1
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Dinner was shrimp and veggie scalfredo. Did water aerobics after work.
    Shrimp and Veggie Scalfredo
    1/2 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
    2 tbsp butter
    1 cup thawed frozen veggies (I used broccoli normandy)
    1/2 c heavy cream
    1/4 c parm sawdust
    6 cloves garlic, minced
    Heat 2 tbsp butter in a pan until bubbling. Add 6 cloves minced garlic. When that's fragrant but not cooked down (approx 1-2 min), add 1/2 c cream and 1/3 c sawdust parmesan (the stuff in the plastic container.) Throw in your meat and veggies of choice (I used shrimp and thawed frozen veggies) and cook (stirring every few minutes, until it's all happy and cooked through. Pour into a bowl and devour.
    Serves 1
    I have shrimp! Sounds like dinner in a few nights.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Didn't sleep well last night with Geek out of town, and the fitbit agrees. I fell asleep in 10 minutes, true, but of 8hrs 15 min in bed, I slept 7.5 hrs and woke up 14 times.
    Breakfast again. I'm thinking spinach and eggs.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Breakfast was a spinach frittata (2 eggs, 1 c frozen spinach, grease left in the pan + 1 tbsp butter.)
    Lunch is at my desk. Tilapia and green beans smothered in chile.
    I'm breaking out, as in multiple zits at one time. I NEVER get zits, not even as a teenager. I'm hoping this is my body clearing toxins and not an allergy signifier.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I know I said I went through something similar to this a week and a half ago in the EMF thread, but when do you go to the chiro again? Maybe bring this up to him and see what he has to say.
    Georgette

At the moment, it's not visible (except one up by my hairline.) I'm not horribly concerned about it, as it seems to be vanishing relatively quickly for me.
    I do have Geek intrigued by the naturalist idea, though. Mostly because it seems to be helping my allergies, but because it seems to be helping a myriad of other things. I think if I CAN actually get my allergies to go away and lower my levothyroxine dose on this, I might be able to convince him to go into the naturalist about his allergies.
    Last night I noticed that vegging in the whirlpool for more than a few minutes while hungry is not my friend. I damn near passed out (felt like low blood pressure, not low blood sugar) in the changing room after I got out. Looking back, I think it was the change in ambient temperature, humidity, and standing up that did it.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I may look for a naturopath once I have a job that offers insurance. My chiro isn't one so I think going that route would be good for me, especially for allergies and asthma. If you're having that much success with it, I would hope I would as well.
    Georgette

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I don't like hot tubs. I get light-headed very quickly. My ankles also swell easily in heat.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).