Page 60 of 283 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 60

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    We'll see if there are leftovers tonight.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Fuck, I just realized the secretary hasn't wandered by asking about lunch. That means the boss decided we're having pizza or hamburgers for lunch at the meeting. I'm really hoping for hamburgers, even if they are piddly, because that beats the hell out of nothing or a pile of iceberg lettuce.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

It was burgers. 1/4 lb patty, assorted veggie toppings, mustard.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    That was lucky with the burgers, I think. Whatthefuck, you don't eat pizza? You a commie or sumthin? (Yes, someone at work actually said that to me with no trace of irony or humor.)

Crab...lox...doesn't get much better than that.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I like smoked salmon with garden veggie cream cheese. Now, I ned to buy some this weekend. YUM!!!
    Georgette

I honestly don't know what I would've done if it were pizza. Hoped for a crappy salad, I guess, or gone out for food after the meeting.
    My Primal Battle Tome

An odd thing I've noticed: my metabolism kicked over or this adrenal fatigue recovery thing is exacerbating any hypoglycemia issues I'm having. I'm freaking starving by each meal, not eating as much at meals (makes sense, 3 meals instead of 2), and getting kinda shaky (new), but not mentally foggy or grouchy or headachey (common issues before), if I don't eat. I seem to have more energy and it's a more even energy. It could also be my version of carb flu, because I've never really stayed this low for more than a few days.
    My Primal Battle Tome

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    A friend asked me over for lunch the other day, along with several other women, to discuss a community thing.
    When we sat down in her dining room, a platter was set before each of us with 2 really thick (beautiful) slices of pizza and a very nice salad. I ate all of the toppings off with a fork, oil and vinegar on the salad, crusts left intact. Someone asked why I ate it that way, I said, I don't eat bread anymore. It was very good, almost like eating pizza for real. She had strawberry shortcake for dessert, I declined, but she insisted on packing it up for DH and he really did love it.

Since going primal, it amazes me that I don't feel deprived anymore. It used to be a huge problem for me, resulting in a pissed-off funk of a mood for the rest of the day.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    An odd thing I've noticed: my metabolism kicked over or this adrenal fatigue recovery thing is exacerbating any hypoglycemia issues I'm having. I'm freaking starving by each meal, not eating as much at meals (makes sense, 3 meals instead of 2), and getting kinda shaky (new), but not mentally foggy or grouchy or headachey (common issues before), if I don't eat. I seem to have more energy and it's a more even energy. It could also be my version of carb flu, because I've never really stayed this low for more than a few days.
    I was like this when I did the leptin reset. It's a really odd but kind of cool feeling.

In regards to the pizza, if they would've ordered pizza, I would just eat the toppings off with a fork and knife and go from there. Maybe also see if a salad could be ordered? I ordered a stromboli for dinner and ate the guts out of it.
    Georgette

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    NK, I hope the hypoglycemia stuff passes. If you've got bone broth, or can make some, make sure you get in a mug a day? The folks doing HFLC are using bouillon to help mitigate carb flu stuff, but bone broth works fine for some folks.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.