Page 6 of 249 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 6

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I forgot about fruit. Hmm...
    I'm going to murderate the asshat ripping up the road to the north of us. I'm grateful they're repairing roads that need it, but seriously, that jackhammer is driving me apeshit. All damn day. It's in that range you feel, more than hear, too, so I can't really drown it out with the radio. Grrr...
    Speaking of murderating, the rest of Odessa needs to stay the hell out of the tax assessor's office at lunch. I get to go get my registration in person, because they decided I needed to renew my registration while I was unemployed (i.e. broker than broke), and now I can only do it in person.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

When did Long John Slobber get rid of their "fresh" menu? I went there for lunch today, admittedly for the first time in many years, and it was ALL fried. All of it. Wait, I take that back, the cole slaw and cheesecake weren't. I was too irritated and behind schedule to change plans, so I got the biggest meal with the intent to peel off as much breading as possible. I did so, ingesting wheat and cottonseed oil in the process. Thanks to "aversion therapy" ala Sabine when I was MUCH younger, the hushpuppies didn't even get a second look.
    Oh, and city of Odessa, I love that you're revamping downtown roads, I really do. But must you block off 3/4 of them and reroute traffic through the south side to do it? Seriously, it's called "staging and phasing" for a reason, and it's not just for Dallas. You don't need to shut down the whole road just to repave half of it at a time.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I used to love LJS, but just before going Primal I discovered that it sits SO heavily in my stomach and makes me feel so sick. And I hated feeding it to my kids b/c I could see the grease running down their fingers as they ate the chicken strips. Broke my heart to see what I was doing to my kids. So I don't go there anymore. Brad is slowly working his way away from it as well. Thank Vahalla b/c he's the hardest one to break!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Fried clam bits. Yum.

Mom used to take us there once in a blue moon. She didn't do it very often, because of the cost and that I usually needed a meal from somewhere else. (Back then, I thought it was all fried and greasy foods. It took Geek's analyzing to nail it down to just cottonseed oil.)
    I just realized I've had a fair amount of food for what time it is: an apple, 2 cups berries, 1 tsp nutella, 1 shard jerky, the meat from the LJS meal (which wasn't much, once you peel the breading off), the cole slaw, and most of the french fries.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Hmmm sorry your having drama, but since I left Andrews @ 1965, I'm probably not part of the problem...... I am hopefull that your comment was tongue-in-cheek-sarcasm, since my family that still lives in Texas is chock full of sarcastic folks, I recognise it when I see it.... must be where I got it from. Maybe it's in the water, I dunno..
    Yes, sarcasm. If I were going to kill someone, I wouldn't post my intentions publicly first.

And it might be in the water. Ours does go through the filtration thingy at the store, but you never know what they might not be able to filter out.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    They're redoing Illinois right now as well. Luckily, I can't hear them.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

I don't think it's in the water. There're too many morons who wouldn't recognize sarcasm if you beat them over the head with it.
    I need to clean out my ears when I get home. Crappy food and forgetting= my ears and starting to hint that they'll get get infected soon if I don't clean them.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Dead serious here: if you want a crocheted scarf, and are willing to share your address, PM me the colors and address. Not a joke, sarcasm, or any of that. If you want it, or want one to give as a gift, PM me and we'll iron out details.
    My Primal Battle Tome

PrimalCon New York
    Dinner will be jambalaya (yes, with rice.) Geek has bread to with it. Jambalaya has sausage, shrimp, chicken, rice, tomato, ro-tel, bell, jalapeno, celery, spices, and homemade chicken bone broth.
    I have noticed a higher susceptibility to the blurring between reality and fiction. I've always had minor issues with this (the reason I don't watch scary movies or certain tv series.) Certain things just latch into my brain and cause worry. Even historical catastrophes can set it off. I believe it is tied to the anxiety and a hyperactive imagination. I'm not sure if it's tied to the wheat or not. I do know it is tied to visual. Reading it doesn't have the same effect. I wonder if it is tied to one of my already known mental illnesses or another one in my family history.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 11-28-2012 at 06:59 PM.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Page 6 of 249 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast