Page 59 of 283 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 59

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I don't mind leftovers for breakfast. I need to be in the mood for eggs; I usually am, but occasionally, it just doesn't happen. I'll grab more frozen fish today for breakfast and lunches, as well as some quick cook meats I can throw in a pan in the morning. I may make a spinach quiche and portion it out for the days that thinking isn't gonna happen that early. I can't seem to find my curry dogs at either store, I think SIL got them at Sam's. Some more cheese, sausage, and lunch meat wouldn't hurt.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I'm a huge fan of fish for breakfast. Reminds me I need to go pick up some...
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Dinner was torta meat, avocado, iceberg, tomato, and chile. And a nibble of some ricotta cake SIL made. I'm not counting that for anything, because it was at most a large crumb. I may pick at more avocado.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I need more food. 760 cal would starve a gnat. I may have some ricotta mixed with cream cheese, or something.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Had an orange, some strawberries, and cream cheese last night, taking me up to 1140 cal, 90g protein, 38 g carbs, and 75g fat. Considering that Sunday at the In-Laws is one of my greatest challenges when it comes to eating clean, that's a minor miracle.
    Slept like shit last night. Kept waking up, probably because my body was screaming for food and fat. ("You want me to burn fat but you don't give me any?! WTF?!") Lox and cream cheese sounds really good for breakfast, I'll probably hit HEB for some lox after I drop Geek off at the airport. It may not be within the first hour of waking, but it will be before 1000.
    ETA: I need to keep lox on hand. I always forget how good that shit is. Slice off a hunk of cream cheese, wrap in lox, die and go to heaven. Had 3 oz lox and 4 oz cream cheese.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 01-28-2013 at 04:46 AM.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Geek travelling again this week?

Nice idea with the lox. I'm still on the fence about dairy, thinking I shouldn't be eating it except for occasional treats. Small amounts seems so harmless, but you never know what it's really doing to my gut. Anyway, bagels and lox are a thing that just works, so take away the bagel and it still sounds excellent.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Yeah. He'll only be gone until Wednesday night (hopefully.) I'm trying to look at it as getting to eat food for dinner he wouldn't touch, like crab. I'm only partially succeeding.
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Yeah. He'll only be gone until Wednesday night (hopefully.) I'm trying to look at it as getting to eat food for dinner he wouldn't touch, like crab. I'm only partially succeeding.
    Scrambled eggs with crab is the bomb...

Eggs
    Crab (not the fake crap)
    Creme fraiche or Sour Cream
    Chives

Slowly cook eggs. When about 2/3 done add crab. At the end add 1 TBS creme fraiche or sour cream - stir gently. Add chives (chopped) right as you pull it off (stir one last time)

Pfft. Screw that. When I eat crab, I eat CRAB. I already bought my pound of wild snow crab ($5.98/lb) and shrimp for tonight. Gonna eat it with homemade chile, salsa, and possibly some fauxfredo (cream cheese instead of parm) sauce.
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Pfft. Screw that. When I eat crab, I eat CRAB. I already bought my pound of wild snow crab ($5.98/lb) and shrimp for tonight. Gonna eat it with homemade chile, salsa, and possibly some fauxfredo (cream cheese instead of parm) sauce.
    Yes, but then you could eat crab for breakfast and dinner. Just sayin'