Page 58 of 277 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 58

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I dunno. I'm just gonna stick with 1/4 tbsp butter and half a head of garlic.
    Looks like I'm tweaking my food amounts again. Google fu indicates that a low calorie diet would induce adrenal stress. I'll still lower to 2000 cal (from the 2200 Harris- Benedict indicates I need), because I'm between activity levels.
    That said, today had 2118 cal, 101 g protein (how on EARTH do y'all get that to 50?!), 25 g carbs (right on target at the max), and 177 g fat. Noting that I hit all of 1154 cal yesterday, I think that evens out well.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I think 100g of protein would be fine for someone who works out a lot. Maybe aim for 75. My protein level changes. Yesterday was 90-100g.
    The great news, You ate 77% fat yesterday! I have found that making sure I get enough calories (for me 20% below BMR +activity for weight loss) and keeping the fat above 70% works the best.

I keep running across stuff saying low calorie is badbadbad and in the same breath they talk about how adrenal fatigue makes you put on weight. I know that very low calorie (under 1200) is bad for the system in general (your gas tank is running on fumes.) My google fu didn't turn up anything on calorie slashing while staying within sight of what you "should" eat. I'm thinking 20% lower (meaning 1800 calories, well over starvation levels) shouldn't cause too much harm.
    I think my issue is that, for me, it ain't a complete meal unless it has a decent protein, eggs or meat. Since I moved in with Geek, that's only been reinforced. With few exceptions, meals center around protein, even if there's not much of it (e.g. curry is all about the meat, the curry is just the vehicle and sauce for the meat.)
    On the upside, thanks to the Epsom salt bath and HFLC, I'm down from 132 Thursday night to 122 this morning. Taking that at least 5 lb of that is the standard overnight loss as my body reboots, I'm still doing pretty good.
    I woke up hungry for breakfast this morning, something that hasn't happened since my very low fat days. I have a variation of fluffy eggs starts on the stove. Cooking the bacon in the tiny skillet till it's mostly rendered, then cracking the eggs on top of that, then adding cheese once I flip it.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Breakfast: fluffy bacon eggs
    Lunch: Rosa's- fajita meat, guac, sour cream, peppers, and iceberg.
    Dinner: grilled chicken (that glaze had sugar in it, but I think I had less than a tablespoon of it), pepper poppers, raspberry chipotle cream sauce.
    Total: 1750 cal, 79 g protein, 30 g carbs, and 146g fat (19:7:74)
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    You didn't mention that you were doing pepper poppers TONIGHT!

Punk.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Goddamit. That's what I get for thinking a DQ smoothie would be relatively safe. A small freaking smoothie has 44g of SUGAR in it. All because they use "berry beverage mix" instead of, I dunno, BERRIES. Fucking no talent asscracker shitclowns.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is online now Senior Member
    What is this raspberry chipotle cream sauce? That sounds awesome.
    Georgette

To tell the truth, I took some store bought raspberry chipotle marinade and mixed it half and half with cream. I found a few recipes for a raspberry chipotle sauce online (this one looks the cleanest and still pretty good. I'd likely find a way to cut out the honey, even if it makes it a little runnier) I figure if you take that recipe, and add the same amount of cream as there is sauce to the sauce, stir until combined, and cook until warm, it'll taste better than what I had.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Hmmm... breakfast. This is getting old. No leftovers from last night. Don't particularly want eggs. Fish sounds good. Flounder braised in a cream cheese alfredo over broccoli rabb sounds like a winner.
    ETA: Or it would hve been if I wasn't out of frozen flounder. Pastrami swiss roll up it is.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 01-27-2013 at 11:28 AM.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Some (MSG-free and minimal ingredients) sausages were my go-to breakfast when I took a break from eggs a few times last year. Might be too much protein and not enough fat for your goals, though I know you're going for higher protein than a lot of the HFLC people (mmmm muscles). I don't have the brain energy to deal with a different breakfast every morning AND varying dinners throughout the week, so I usually pick one of the other. Sometimes dinner is repeats and I make my breakfasts a little more interesting. Pork chop with an egg, or a small steak with an egg, so I still get all those awesome nutrients and yolk-y goodness are also a favorite.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).