Page 53 of 283 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 53

Primal Fuel
    Nothing profound to add, but +1 to the political sentiments.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I'm with you on the political thing 150%.

How did the appt with the chiro go? I go back Saturday to get the results of my xray. Part of me still has this feeling that chiropractic medicine in general is strange. Thus far, I'm a bit of a leaner. My shoulders lean to the left, hips to the right. I'm still trying to figure out if this will be helpful for me or not. I hope he doesn't get pissy when I tell him I can only afford to do adjusts once a month.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I dunno. He seems to think that it's Hashi's, based on my symptoms. I'm taking in my latest bloodwork later this week and he'll examine it and decide if I merit the CRP test.
    I think it honestly depends on the chiro. Some of them are really into the mumbo jumbo, others are pretty much all about doing what it takes to make your body line up right. I stay the hell away from the mumbo jumbo ones. If they start talking about energy paths and that shit, I'm gone.
    I know I had a mild lean with a slightly "shorter" right leg, thanks to trying to baby my iliac crest after that wreck. Fixing my neck seems to have "cured" that. Do I believe the shorter leg? Not really, but I'm not in pain anymore, at all. I also don't crack or have therapy at the chiro anymore, so something's going right and getting fixed, which is more than the other one did.
    Most chiros want you to come at least once a week, but a good one will work within your budget.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    This guy didn't talk about energy paths, thank God. I would've ran screaming for the hills if he did. He did compliment me on my Pumas though. They charge $43/adjustment for those without insurance and I can make that work once a month right now. He isn't charging me anything to come in for my follow up this Saturday.
    Georgette

Dammit. I "splurged" on flour torts last night. I'm so swollen and bloated that my rings aren't moving and my belly is not my friend today. I know better than to do that. (Yes, I am that vain.)
    I also didn't get any cleaning (except for the kitchen after dinner) done and only swam a couple laps (no water aerobics because the teacher was out.)
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Dammit. I "splurged" on flour torts last night.
    I hope you are less bloaty soon. Can you actually find the ones made with lard there? Recently, everyone here has switched to vegetable oil, even the Mexican ones. It hurts my soul, but I guess gives me a reason not to eat them.

I'm still looking for corn torts that are just masa, not masa +6 chemicals and a preservative. Hell, even the local tortillerias use the farking preservative. I need to run by the Marquez factory again, I seem to recall they had relatively decent torts.
    I found a family that still makes 'em the old way, but I can old beg my mother in law so many times for tortillas. I eventually need to grow a pair and have her teach me to make them right.
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    That is a useful skill. I think I am just too lazy to bother. Sad but true.

Today just keeps getting better and better. I appear to have developed an earache. It's only intermittent right now. I'm hoping it's just the fog, as the pain in my jaw tells me this isn't an infection but inflammation.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I get ear aches that I think may be heart burn. I've never had classic heart burn, so I suspect that this is how it presents for me. Maybe your upset tummy?