Page 52 of 272 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 52

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I am apparently going to do battle at the malls. Several of the stores where I can get clothes that fit and last are having major sales, including half off clearance.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Good luck battling the legions at the temple of shopping.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

We won't go into what I ate over the weekend. It was only half primal.
    Going into the chiro for his medical capabilities this evening. I'm curious to see what he has to say about my thyroid and possible hormone issues.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    He has seen our kitchen implements, so I have no idea why he thinks that isn't a kitchen knife. Hell, we have one just like it, if not larger. Then again, he also hid in the living room when I pulled out a knife larger than a paring blade, so *shrug.* If he has my book, tell him to leave it with you.
    I'll tell him. He still looks at which shoes I'm wearing before he talks. Something about my boots meeting his shins too many times. I'm half tempted to put my uncomfy hiking boots on just to make him twitch.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

I've had requests not to wear my spiky heels by people who fear my kicks.
    This office is gonna be the death of me. Monday meeting- that- didn't- happen: pizza. Tuesday meeting: hamburger with ridiculously skimpy patties.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Head's up, this one's about politics.
    I've never grasped why people seem to believe the government should be required or allowed to pry into a person's own business. Land of the Free, Home of the Brave does not mean Land of the Brainless, Home of the Sheep. I feel the government should have no say on abortion, birth control, gay rights, or many of these other hot button topics.
    I firmly believe that the government's right to fling its arm ends at my face.
    Keep your laws off my body. The government's only say in abortion should be the same say it has in surgery: cleanliness and antisepsis laws. Beyond that, it's none of the government's damn business.
    Keep your laws off my food. If I want to eat something someone just picked or enjoy dairy unadulterated (raw), that's my own business. If I die from such actions, it's my own damn fault. While there do need to be laws in place against deadly pesticides and QA/ QC laws, they should be as minimal as possible.
    Keep your laws out of my love life. As long as they are genetically human (i.e. not a chimp or goat), it really shouldn't matter who I want to love, marry, or divorce. I fail to see why gender matters in marriage. If both parties want to get married, why should the government say "no?" Before you bring religion into it, bear in mind that there are well over 200 religions besides yours in this country.
    Keep your laws out of my religion. Freedom of religion also means freedom from religion. It doesn't mean everyone has the right to be converted to your faith, but it does mean everyone is free to practice their own faith. An atheist is just as much an American as a Muslim, Hindi, or Christian. This is NOT a Christian/ Islamic/ atheist/whatever nation. It is a secular nation.
    Keep your laws off my internet. The internet is a worldwide community. It is a powerful tool and a powerful weapon, but that does not mean it should be hamstrung. The more you try to regulate it, the more powerful it becomes, because people will always find a way.
    I'm sure others see it differently. Good for them. We are not a country of automatons, spewing the same drivel. I wouldn't wish an Orwellian or Brave New World on my worst enemy. I don't care what you believe, just don't think you can force me into going with it.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    In relation to the forum, either I am more sensitive about it (mostly staying out of any flaming and trolling because it's all too easy to get sucked in), or there's been a huge increase in people not "living and let live" around here lately. I'm seeing a lot of behavior like I would imagine Diet boards might have, where people are very much, "there is a wrong way and a right way to do this thing, and you are wrong." It comes from all over, not just the outliers (people who are not/don't ascribe to a semblance of primal living/eating). Much less sensible discussion and debate lately. I am being very selective about my conversational contributions.

Also, your post resonates with a conversation I had with Boyfriend this past weekend. My sister is very malleable, but no matter what boyfriend she molds to, she is always hypocritical and seemingly insistent on finding faults in most things that I say or do. Listening to her try to categorize/alienate people who are or aren't tattooed at all/a certain amount at dinner this weekend made me want to bloody her face. I am glad that Boyfriend was drunk (didn't hear/more inclined to laugh it off) and I am not prone to violent outbursts.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

It has been getting more "diet board" like and a LOT more dictatorial folks have popped up. I'm not surprised. With the rise in popularity of this "diet" (as in, "quick way to lose 20" as opposed to WOL), it makes sense that more diet heads will pop up. They'll ditch when they realize this isn't a crash diet. Even some of the WOL people who've shown up have been more dictatorial and judgmental. I'm kinda hoping that by the end of February, most of the dieters will be gone, along with their drama. It won't happen.
    My middle sister apparently heavily disapproves of me, my husband, and my youngest sister: me and my husband for not having a church wedding or being religious, my youngest sister because she's following in my footsteps for a lot of her life. (Engineering degree, school first and love life second, no desire for drama.) She's an East Texas Judgmentalist (a member any number of really judgy Protestant sects, like Southern Baptist), just like Gramma and Great Gramma.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    lol @ ETJ

I'll go back to focusing on journals soon, just wanted to venture out to see if I could provide insight for anyone based on my experiences. Now kind of regretting it. I do this periodically, I just don't get nearly as pissed off as I used to (more disappointed).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Last night was spag with GF noodles (Schar, rice and corn.) I wanted spag squash, but apparently HEB doesn't have them right now. I didn't feel like fighting with the zuke last night.
    Ran an experiment with tryptophan and valerian last night. Not trying that one again until the weekend; I was dopey as hell this morning. Popped a GABA this morning. Seems to bee keeping me a little more even, but I'm still getting the occasional anxiety spike.
    My Primal Battle Tome