Page 5 of 283 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 5

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, I dunno what it was. Either it was the gunk going around and being mostly primal meant I only got a lesser dose, or it was just some 24 hr bug.
    Dinner is tamartar gosht (chicken tomato curry.) I have my first pomegranate of the season for dessert. Well, I've already eaten half the arils, but it'll still be an awesome dessert.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Oh snap, I should get pomegranates. I didn't realize/remember they're a winter fruit.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

I only realized they were when I remembered they tend to be cheapest around my birthday (February) and I never see them in the standard growing season.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    Hi Naiad, I've been trying to follow along here (your journal moves fast!) so thought I'd drop a note to say hello. Glad you're feeling better!

Zee, it's mostly because I talk so much. You could probably skip half of what I write and still get a good idea of what's happening. (Of course, as an aspiring writer, I'd rather you not, but )
    I forgot to mention that I ate a piece of sausage, a piece of cheese, 2/3 of the curry, 2/3 of the rice, and the pomegranate.
    For the past several days (minus yesterday afternoon and evening), I've been STARVING. I've been eating 2-3 times what I normally do, and it's only barely enough to fill me for a couple hours. I've been wanting breakfast (I'm usually not hungry until lunch), my stomach's been letting me know it wants MORE. I'm mildly hoping to see my weight start dropping, because that might mean hyperthyroidism, which in turn would mean I could drop my levothyroxine dose again. I know it could just be a phase, so I'm watching, waiting, and hoping.
    My Primal Battle Tome

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    That's it. We have to kill you. Most of the drama in my life is coming from Andrews at the moment, and I won't take anymore.
    Hmmm sorry your having drama, but since I left Andrews @ 1965, I'm probably not part of the problem...... I am hopefull that your comment was tongue-in-cheek-sarcasm, since my family that still lives in Texas is chock full of sarcastic folks, I recognise it when I see it.... must be where I got it from. Maybe it's in the water, I dunno..

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Lately Aldi has been having sacks of three pomegranates for $1.50-2.00. Don't know if you have one in your area, but so worth a trip. Hmmm, good direction for my walk today.

Nope, they haven't come to the area yet.
    Breakfast is an apple (Granny smith), a teaspoon of organic Nutella knockoff, some jerky, and a few berries.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I must make a confession: I had wheat yesterday. Geek had 1/4 of a naan left and I used it to polish off the last of the curry.
    I have energy today. As in bouncy, bouncy, bouncy. I'm theorizing that my carb needs are higher than I've been thinking they are. This could be a problem, as it's hard enough to reach 75g/ day, and my theory would put me at 100-125g. Without grains (well, rice presents no issues, and mixtamalized corn seems to present minimal issues), that becomes nearly impossible. I tire of sweet potatos pretty quickly. I may need to start experimenting with winter squash more and make more white potato dishes. I need to eat more root veggies in general, I guess.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What about more fruits? Bananas or apples? They're starch so it would be easier to up the carb count.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Page 5 of 283 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast