Page 48 of 283 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 48

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Shampooed the (stained to hell) carpet by the back door and most of the living room yesterday. Dinner was at a steak house: prime rib, caesar salad sans cretins, cheesy bacon fries, a sweet potato with butter and cinnamon, peanuts, and 3/4 of a roll. Dessert was chocolate, coffee, and cookies and cream froyo with crushed oreos, berries, caramel, and choco syrup on top.
    Went to the Y today and discovered they don't have the pool on Sundays. I walk 4.5 miles on the deadmill and elliptical instead. I lasted 5 minuted in a Zumba class before affirming that I'm just not coordinated enough for that. Came home, soaked in the tub for a while, and had 3 fluffy eggs with provolone for lunch. (Fluffy eggs are kinda like a cross between fried eggs and an omelet. Melt a tablespoon of butter in a 6" cast iron pan. Crack 3 eggs into the pan, lay pieces of provolone across the top. Wait until the eggs are half cooked through to the top and flip the egg mass. Wait another minute and plate.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Feeling almost guilty that I'm not getting sick. The gunk has taken 3/4 of the office out for at least a couple days, and that's just this last round. Everyone else is feverish or feeling bad and I'm just toodling right along.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I gave my mom the makings for KE tea yesterday. I hope it helps her. She said she had a lot of pressure in her head, like if you pressed on it, everything about her head felt achy and sore and sensitive. I know that feeling and I think KE would have helped. She wasn't congested, but I found it made me feel better even when I wasn't, last week. Damn, I wish I'd brought some to work. It would make a good hangover recovery tea, I think.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I haven't tried it for that, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did work. Especially if you drank it while eating something salty, protein-y, and potassiumed, like a handful of salted nuts.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Lunch was that same salad I always get on Mondays. I'm getting kinda tired of McAlister's, especially since their selection of salads is limited, especially when you remove the inedible ones.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Feeling almost guilty that I'm not getting sick. The gunk has taken 3/4 of the office out for at least a couple days, and that's just this last round. Everyone else is feverish or feeling bad and I'm just toodling right along.
    I feel the same way...I surely do not want to be sick, but everyone else is and it is strange to feel great and not be sharing in their misery. Now I must go and make some KE tea.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Went to the aerobics class again and sat in the hot tub again. Got into a convo with the instructor about home birthing and water birthing and such. It was really interesting.
    Had leftover jambalaya and 3/4 of a pomegranate for dinner.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Watching Food Hospital on Cooking Channel and wanting to chuck stuff at the screen. Demonizing saturated fat and whole fat dairy because of the hormones (what the hell happened to grass fed?), promoting soy (because that estrogen is better than the estrogen in the milk; again, there's a difference), gave teh high insulin patient beans and grains (wtf?)...
    Yeah, wanting to chuck shit at the tv.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Watching Food Hospital on Cooking Channel and wanting to chuck stuff at the screen. Demonizing saturated fat and whole fat dairy because of the hormones (what the hell happened to grass fed?), promoting soy (because that estrogen is better than the estrogen in the milk; again, there's a difference), gave teh high insulin patient beans and grains (wtf?)...
    Yeah, wanting to chuck shit at the tv.
    Yup, feel the same way when seeing a similar TV-show here in Belgium. I just don't watch it anymore, better for my cortisol levels .
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have a bad case of rectal blindness (can't see my ass going into work.) Part of it is wanting a lot more sleep, most of it is feeling gypped because I haven't gotten sick enough to take any time off. (I've made up the time for every minute and then some that I have been out of the office thanks to my wisdom tooth and Friday before last.)
    My Primal Battle Tome