Page 47 of 283 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 47

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I've been thinking of trying water aerobics, but haven't been able to get myself in gear to do so. The Y has deep water and shallow water classes. Maybe I will try harder to work it into my schedule.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I've never had the guts to go to a group class, aside from yoga for a little while when I was in college. Just feel so awkward about it.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    This one is a relatively small class (5 people, including me and the instructor) and after watching for a few minutes Tuesday, it seemed like they were open to new people. I was the only person there that was relatively thin, which was awkward, but I decided not to let it bother me.
    It's the classes like Zumba and pilates and such, that require me to mind my movements and stay in sync so I don't hurt someone else, that unnerve me.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Oh yeah, I'm not coordinated, Zumba & stuff are awful for me. Yoga is nice and slow so I can manage that. I was not the weakest/least-flexible in my class, so that was relieving.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    So funny (strange) for me to hear that a fit person would feel self conscious (spelling?) around fatter people. I always picture it from the other (my) side.

I don't feel uncomfortable around heavier people, usually, but being the only person in the pool in a bikini kinda unnerved me a little, like I was showing off. When I realized they didn't visibly give a damn, the anxiety went away.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Oh yeah, I'm not coordinated, Zumba & stuff are awful for me.
    The only way to survive a Zumba class is with laughter
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I feel a little weird at the pool because I'm smaller than virtually everyone and people comment on that - as in "Oh, you don't mind walking around in your suit, you're so thin." I am NOT thin. I am, however, a great deal thinner than everyone else. But it makes me a little self-conscious that people are in fact looking at me...in my swimsuit. But I get over it. I usually say something like, "I'm here to swim, I don't look at others or think about them looking at me." I hope it doesn't sound sanctimonious or something, but it's kind of awkward sometimes.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I've gotten more appreciative glances than comments. I did have one woman stop me as I leaving the deadmill area Tuesday and give me one of the best compliments I've gotten in a long time: "You're gorgeous! You look just like the goal I have in my head. Can I have a photo for the fridge?" I declined the photo but thanked her for the compliment. It was definitely a head spinner to think my work in progress is someone else's goal. I'm still trying to wrap my head around that.
    Had some gummy bear Wednesday and a brownie today. I'm getting the air hunger from too much sugar.
    Went and played with the guys tonight. Not much movement, but I got the hang out with the Dilberts (Officemate and Tractor) and SWG and learn a new, albeit useless, skill: Rock Band bass guitar.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    NK if you ever get a chance to take a Cardio Kick class. Do it. It is kickboxing to music. Great for letting out aggression.