Page 46 of 278 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 46

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    That frozen fish/veg lunch is a great idea. I'm going to steal it. Coming up with interesting, easily transported, quickly prepared work food is a constant challenge.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Your swimming status is about how I started off when I was swimming in 2011. You'll pick up in no time!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, I remember back in '08 was the same way. I'll get to swimming laps relatively quickly. It's just irritating how quickly that goes away.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I can only go 1.5 Olympic pool lengths in a crawl before I hafta stop to breathe and walk the rest of the way.
    Holy crap! You can hold your breath for that long? Outta shape my butt!.... well it is... sort of...

Nononono. As in, I hafta stop swimming to catch my breath. I'm breatging while I'm swimming.
    Stupid pizza. Air hunger, gas, and general laziness are back with a vengeance. Well, I dunno about laziness. I don't think my body likes 0615 after adjusting to 0630. I also cleaned out the fridge, even chucking expired condiments, last night, took the trash out, scrubbed two toilets, wiped down two mirrors, and did the dishes from emptying the fridge. I think working out after work today is the plan, because it ain't happening this morning.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    You're in the pool - you're swimming - that's all that matters.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    I went shopping at a Thrift Store and thought of you while I was there. I had to go get 50s inspired outfits for a play, and found a store that has all the clothing organized by size and type of clothes. I got 4 skirts, 2 dresses, 2 belts, 2 shirts, and a purse for $57! I'll be visiting more regularly!

I guess I was ahead of the time in thrifting as a kid. I have trouble paying full price, thanks to years of clearance, bargain, and thrift shopping.
    I know I rarely talk actual dollar amounts on debt and income here. I was raised to believe that's none of anyone's damn business but me and my family's. That said, after adding it all up, I owe over $20,000, even before factoring in the house. That's 20k on the car and student loans (no other debts.) If Geek croaked tomorrow, I'd have 6 figures of debt to pay off, including the house. I would need a windfall of 2.5 time my annual gross income to pay it all off. That scares the fuck out of me. I should probably see what some of the budget gurus hafta say about student loans.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Do you and Geek have life insurance? With owning a house, it's something you should look into. The above scenario where Geek croaks is WHY you need it. Sad to say we're worth more dead than alive.
    Georgette

We both have it through our respective companies. His is enough to pay off at least part of the house. Mine is enough to pay for the funeral, and I don't have the option for a higher insurance amount. I'd need to buy a hefty chunk of life insurance on my own. Until Obamacare kicks in with with the requirements to remove health restrictions, I'd pay out the nose thanks to my pre existing conditions.
    Dinner was sausage and broccoli, another nuke a meal.
    Finally cleared the scary bag of receipts and shit to file or shred. It is not just a bag of stuff to burn (our little shredder would choke on that amount of shreddables.) Feels good to have that out of my hair.
    Went to a water aerobics class after work. Worked to keep my heart rate under cardio rate, concentrating instead on maximizing the water resistance for a heavy lifting stand in.
    My Primal Battle Tome