Page 42 of 283 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 42

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Dinner last night was actually at the Mexican food place, so I got my customary fish thing, with extra jalapenos. I then had a bowl of ice cream a few hours later and didn't finish it. (That's actually really big for me. Not finishing a dessert out of obligation to the sweets is unheard of.)
    Working on my SER (supplemental employment record, the thing that helps the PE board decide if you've done enough to call yourself an engineer) today. May not go over to the in-laws until I finish the entire rough draft. I only have one more company to write an SER about, and I'm determined to get the rough drafts all done today. Then I can put them all on a flash drive, take 'em to work, and edit them over lunch this week. If I can get the SERs completely done by the 15th, I'm on track to get my full submittal (PE endorsement letters, transcript, application, and SER) done by my birthday.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I picked up some makings for Kill Everything tea (Bigelow's green & Tazo Calm) on Friday. It works just as well as a neti pot to clear my nose! I think I will keep the tea at work with me so I can keep clear throughout the day, and use the neti pot in the mornings at home.

Boyfriend wanted to go out to a burrito place today. I agreed, but then thought about it. Didn't want a burrito. Didn't want a quesadilla. Didn't want a plate. I just wanted to go there for the sentimentality of going out with him. So I made us nomlettes with bacon & sausages instead. Felt good to say no to spending money and have it be totally stress-free.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I'm peeved. HEB stopped carrying Tazo Calm. Not even STARBUCKS is carrying it right now. No one in this godforsaken desert hole has the fucking tea. Looks like I'm picking up experimental makings for it soon.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I can ship you a box or two if you'd like (for the meantime). Just ask.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Huzzah! SER rough draft complete! Off to the HEB for true Kill Everything components.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I think I nailed down KE tea. Needs a little more mint and hibiscus. I think the ration will be one part hibiscus tea (a blend I picked up with hibiscus, rose, licorice, lemongrass, and cinnamon), two parts chamomile, 1 part mint tea, and 3 parts green tea.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 01-06-2013 at 03:23 PM.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I think the in laws are getting it. Dinner was chicken and 40 cloves, roasted cauliflower, and alfredo, with a side of bread for the grainfed.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Flylady system being initiated. Shined the sink tonight, including scrubbing the rust out from underneath a piece the idiots before us never sealed (the plug for the sprayer attachment on the other side.)
    My Primal Battle Tome

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Your KE tea sounds alot like Tension Tamer or even Sleepy Time from Celestial Seasonings.... I'm not a tea drinker, so I don't know one brand from another...

Entirely too awake for my own good. Geek came to bed around 0530 and I didn't get back to sleep. Got up around 0550, got some exercise in (20 lb inverted row, bodyweight dips, push ups, lunges, jump squats, and bicycle crunches.) Now to get going so I can get into work early and make up some of the time I lost Friday.
    My Primal Battle Tome