Page 4 of 272 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 4

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm alive and on the other side, I think. I dunno what the hell it was. I managed to stay conscious after work long enough to do my Thinkgeek Cyber Monday shopping and order in Steak Express (8 oz ribeye- I ate half, no utensils required, 1/4 baked potato with butter and sour cream, iceberg salad with blue cheese dressing, and 6 shrimp. I ate the roll, but more out of some need to get rid of it without walking to the trashcan.) I passed out on the futon not long afterward, woke up around 2145, had trouble going back to sleep (it was that weird stage of being sick where you're exhausted but just well enough you can't sleep), and passed back out around midnight (after Geek made sure I was burritoed into the covers and turned the heat up for me. Practical love knows no bounds.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Hope you feel better soon. Good thing you've got Geek there.
    Georgette

Geek and I have this thing (young love, I guess) where on the rare occasion one's sick enough to not force his/ her way through it, the other tends to play nursemaid, even if there's not much that can be done but let them sleep it off. Make sure the sick one's covered up, eating/ drinking if things are staying down, retrieving objects, that sort of thing.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Geek and I have this thing (young love, I guess) where on the rare occasion one's sick enough to not force his/ her way through it, the other tends to play nursemaid, even if there's not much that can be done but let them sleep it off. Make sure the sick one's covered up, eating/ drinking if things are staying down, retrieving objects, that sort of thing.
    That's called mothering. People tend to do it for people they deeply care about. *swoon*
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Hehe "burritoed". Boyfriend and I tend to nursemaid each other too. I offer to make or buy him comfort foods and let him sleep. He cooks for me and MAKES me sleep haha.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Good to hear from folks from the homeland. I used to live in andrews...
    That's it. We have to kill you. Most of the drama in my life is coming from Andrews at the moment, and I won't take anymore.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    BTW, NK, I found you!

5 Guys opens on the 3rd. Think it would be safe for lunch by the 6th?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    That's called mothering. People tend to do it for people they deeply care about. *swoon*
    I've never associated it that way, but I guess you're right. We are romantic after our own fashion, but we'll never be stock romance novel characters. There's just too damn much engineer and practicality in the relationship to allow for that.
    (Remind me to eventually tell y'all our engagement story. It's proof of how romance works for us.)
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Hehe "burritoed". Boyfriend and I tend to nursemaid each other too. I offer to make or buy him comfort foods and let him sleep. He cooks for me and MAKES me sleep haha.
    Whenever I'm cold or sick, I tend to roll up in the covers, so he was helping me do it last night when the blankets weren't behaving.
    I'll tend to cook him comfort foods (including pulling out the ancient sammich griller) and he'll go get me soup, usually. Because of the way our bodies work, when we're sick, we don't have a choice but to sleep. It overrides pretty much everything. It's really bizarre when we're both sick, because we're both fighting it with everything we canmuster to take care of the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    BTW, NK, I found you!

5 Guys opens on the 3rd. Think it would be safe for lunch by the 6th?
    I doubt it, but we could try.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Had that Savannah salad again for lunch, this time with a parmesan peppercorn vinaigrette.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Glad you are feeling better and that Geek provided TLC.

Page 4 of 272 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast