Page 36 of 265 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 36

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    That was all long term. Short term, we could probably make room for a podling or twins for about a year before they really need their own space (and space for their own crap.) Thing is, twins run on both bloodlines. On my side (female determines how many, male determines gender), it skips generations, and I'm in the generation due to have twins. It also tends to be every other birth (first birth multiples, second birth singleton, third birth multiples....) I'm just planning ahead for the inevitability of multiples.
    Planned dinner: flounder, New York steaks, moscato/ red wine/ alcohol, salad, sweet potato.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Happy new year (almost) - and I want you to get all the things that you want. Or at least most of them

In terms of baby space, I don't have any but there are plenty of people around raising happy kids in small spaces, maybe some "tiny living" blogs have some interesting nuggets of inspiration?

Dinner was a garlic strip steak, caesar salad, grilled veggies, and cranberry flounder, with red wine. Will probably have moscato sparkling wine later tonight, maybe a naiadrita.
    Cranberry Poached Flounder
    1 filet flounder or sole
    1/2 cranberries
    3 tbsp butter
    1/4 c pecans, unroasted
    1/2 c shiraz or merlot
    1 tsp corainder
    1 tsp marjoram
    1 tsp re pepper flakes
    salt and pepper
    Rub spices onto fish fillet. Melt the butter in a skillet on medium high. Add cranberries and pecans. Once cranberries start to burst, add red wine. Reduce for 5- 10 min, until a browning reddish goo. Add fish, and more spices. Bury in cranberries, pecans, and sauce. Cook until done on one side, approx 3 min. Flip, bury, and cook opposite side for 1-2 min.
    Naiadrita
    1 part tequila
    8 parts strawberries OR 6 parts water and 2 parts lime juice
    For the strawberry 'rita, blend the tequila, strawberries, and optional Triple sec in a blender. For the lime 'rita, shake with ice to combine.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Total damage for New Year's Eve: 44g sugar, 24g refined. Not bad, considering alcohol and homemade spiked eggnog were involved.
    After dinner, I had the rest of my wine and a skull mug of honey jack spiked eggnog. And a bite of dark chocolate. And a Ferrero Rocher.
    On a tangentially related topic, I noticed something interesting that supports my sugar inflammation theory. My rings are loose, to the point that if I fling my hand too quickly, they fly off. They fit a little tight before the sugar siege started.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Happy New Year!
    I set some wants up above, but those are all frogspit if there aren't any goals to keep them in place.
    1) This will be the year of one W-2. In order to really earn my keep, I need to take on more projects. When I go in tomorrow, I need to take a closer look at the project list and see what I can take off my boss's plate. I just turned in 2-3 projects, and a 4th is ready to go to drafting.
    2) I will continue the sugar siege and redouble my efforts. Hopefully this means I will also drop the last 10-15 lb I've been bitching about.
    3) I will finish my SER by mid- late January so I can try to have my complete application to sit the exam in by my 3 month review (early-February.) If they accept my application, I study my ass off to take the test in November. If I pass that, I get my seal in December or January.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Happy New Year and thanks for Tazo Calm and green tea mix. I've been drinking it every night right when I get to work and then about halfway through and I swear it is keeping me healthy. You would not believe the sh%t going around in the hospital. Not only are we chock-a-block full, EVERY staff member - I mean all of them - are either downright sick or showing symptoms. Except for me. This I am happy about and kind of annoyed at the same time. I don't want to be sick, no no no, but I want everyone else to be healthy too! I want them to throw away their Lean Cuisines, get some good bone broth or at least some grass-fed beef, and drink this tea concoction or some kind of herbal something. Not that coffee is bad, but it won't help you fight off bugs. Okay, here I am ranting on your journal, sorry! (But it's true...grumble...grumble)
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Trust me, I've made the same rant, especially with all the ijits at the office who are constantly sniffly. I'm glad the tea's helping you, though! I may need to drink it daily as well. I was just using it as a quickstop measure.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Dinner's done. Bacon cheeseburger sans bun, a baked potato with butter, cheese, sour cream, and bacon, and some water. Craving something sweet, need to do something about that. Probably a nuked apple.
    My Primal Battle Tome

No apple or anything sweet. Got distracted by laundry and Guild Wars 2.
    Plenty of slow movement yesterday spending my giftcard and cruising the Dillard's sale (50% off clearance) only to find nothing.
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I found out the cafeteria upstairs has Tazo calm and Tazo green... but they want $1.75 per tea bag!?!?! WTF? I've looked at Walmart and find the Tazo brand, but no calm or green... I looked at my grocery store and they don't carry anything Tazo. Probably going to end up getting them at Amazon.

I like your goals and your wishes! I'm confident that you'll see them through.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)