Page 31 of 278 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 31

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    NW, Jenn, I got y'all's Christmas cards. Mine are on the way to y'all as of yesterday.

Yesterday, almost all I "ate" was 1.5 qt of eggnog (homemade, lower sugar, and mostly lactose free.) I had dinner (pescado coronel, iceberg salad, and some Spanish rice.) I had a mini box of Dots, and 2 mini Hershey bars.
    I'm also sick. Not enough to stop me (unnoticeable fever, stiffer neck than usual, swollen lymph nodes, and sinus pressure), but enough that I'm not eating as much and I get tired more easily. This usually happens during what little holiday I have, because I force my body to not be sick (as in, if I'm sick, but I can still stand up, I go in to work) when I'm not on vacation.
    I need to wrap gifts for Geek and finish niece's doll's coat.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Ok. Christmas is wrapped and ready. The doll coat didn't come out quite as well as I wanted it, but I think Niece'll be thrilled nonetheless. (She'd better be. I broke a damn sewing machine needle on that farking coat.)
    Geek should enjoy his stuff. His main gift, aside from the bits and drivers, is money stuffed into a Lego Death Star TIE interceptor kit, for the bot he wants to make.
    My sinuses are killing me, and I will be cleaning my ass off here at the house tomorrow.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Naiad, WHY are you cleaning when you are sick?!? That can definitely be put off! Rest, lady, rest!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Feel better soon. I love the Death Star kit!!!!
    Georgette

What I thought was sinus pressure turned into a full blown migraine. Pressure, dark, and cold, as well as an Aleve, made it go away.
    Feeling better today. This is good. Today is the cleaning frenzy and Christmas at the in-laws.
    Sabine, I was anticipating the sinus pressure to go away, one way or the other. And the house does need to be cleaned, pretty badly. There's faux fur all over the damn place and I haven't exactly been good about putting stuff away.
    My Primal Battle Tome

House is as clean as it's gonna get. Geek still isn't up, so I haven't run the vacuum, and there are folded clothes still on the futon, but other than that it's reasonably clean.
    Dinner tonight, if years past are any indication, will be tamales, cocktail shrimp,summer sausage, veggies, and god only knows what all else. It's Christmas with the In-Laws, and it beats the hell out of whatever you're doing tonight. (Mostly because I wouldn't know any of your kin from Adam and we open gifts, which means I see Niece's reaction to the coat.)
    I doubt I'll be on tomorrow, either, as it's a veg day (Geek and I exchange gifts when we get back from the In-Laws.) Breakfast will be cinnamon roll awfuls (not primalified, either, the real deal) with cream cheese frosting on top. Dinner will be a roast stabbed full of garlic and crusted with pepper and more garlic, with a side of caesar salad, garlic roasted new potatoes for Geek, and garlic roasted cranberries, green beans, and new potatoes.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Damn, I wish I had Christmas Eve dinner anywhere. I'm popping some chicken quarters in the oven right now. Looking forward to making smashed taters and ham with Boyfriend tomorrow, though.

New potatoes?

Garlic... I sense a theme

Merry Xmas!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

New potatoes are red potatoes, because apparently, my family is redneck enough to assume potatoes should be brown unless they're babies.
    Garlic is always a theme here. Especially around any sort of holiday, when there's enough garlic to clear out Transylvania.
    Merry Christmas to all who find there way to this odd outlet of my mind!
    My Primal Battle Tome

Christmas dinner was a bust; damn roast was still rock hard after 15 hrs in the fridge. Thawed it yesterday, having it today. Had spag and spag squash for dinner last night, along with a mouthful of my 5 lb pineapple gummy, part of a gingerbread hut, and a chocochip cookie.
    Loot: clothes, gift card for clothes, books, garlic crusher, handmade pizza peel, handmade wooden cup and bowl, Serenity keychain,stainless mug with chemical symbol for caffeine on it, electric tea kettle, candle, chopsticks, a new gaming set up (Logitech gaming series keyboard and headset), and Buckyballs/ cubes/ bars.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I owe, I owe, that's why to work I go. At work, enjoying the relative quiet and getting shit done.
    Using the new kettle for tea. Seeing as it's 50 oz full, and my mug holds 20 oz, I filled it most of the way and intend to start a habit of finishing up the water in the kettle twice a day, for 80 total oz of water/ tea while I'm at work.
    Lunch will be the manager's meeting, so it'll be that salad.
    My Primal Battle Tome