Page 30 of 272 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 30

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Fuck it, don't care. My neck's gonna hurt anyways, my uterus is gonna hurt anyways, and this damn project at work is being a bitch. Had pizza for lunch.
    Why the fuck can't my body quit fighting itself and be reasonable? I'm tired of this shit. I don't want to hafta take 5 million meds and supplements for my body to get close to average. I can't even lean over a set of plans without my neck saying "hi." My body won't leave my damn thyroid alone. Half tempted to tell them "rip it out, I'll figure it out from there." My relationship with food has gone from easy going to dangerous grounds. Primal has seemingly done very little. I've been at this for just under 2 years now. My weight's been all over the place, my thyroid is still FUBAR, my mind is... well, it is getting better, but I'm not sure how much of that is primal and how much is effort on my part. I'm half tempted to give up on Primal, stick with mostly wheat free, lower carb, and low sugar, and call it good. I'm tired of being good. I'm tired of doing what I'm supposed to do.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

When you feel like shit, of course you take a "fuck it" attitude. Perfectly natural, you're frustrated and patience is worn to a nub.

Primal isn't a magic cure-all, but it is going to help you avoid worse shit down the road that could pile on. The easier road ain't necessarily better.

Hate to offer up the banalities, but hang in there. Sometimes relief comes when and how we least expect.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    +1 to what James said

Pain also makes it hard to have a positive outlook on anything. Hope you get some relief soon.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I feel a cheesecake coming on.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    NK, have you ever tried pain patches? DH has a bad shoulder and puts on several Salonpas every night. He says they help him a lot, difference in waking up in pain when he turns over or not.

I ate decently for dinner. (No cheesecake, Sabine.) We went to Chili's, I got the shrimp tacos in corn tortillas and ate the tortillas, as well as some sweet tater fried and chipotle ranch.
    I've tried heat, Judy, it helps a little but only if I keep it on there all the time.
    The pain is now fairly constant at the base of my neck and giving me a headache. I'll hit the muscle relaxers again, and the heating pad.
    I have a chiro appt tomorrow afternoon. Looking at his website, he appears to be primal/ paleo naturalist as well (crossing my fingers.)
    Thanks for the encouragement, Paula and James. It means a lot. I won't be giving up primal, but I might be a little more lax until after Christmas. Not lax enough on my carbs and sugar to get depressed again, but laxer nonetheless.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is online now Senior Member
    I hope you feel better soon. Being in pain is way worse then feeling sick.
    Georgette

Went to the chiro. That helped a lot.
    Had broiled fajitas ( skirt steak, orange bell, green bell, onion) with avocado, salsa, aged cheddar, and tomato. No lettuce or tortilla needed.
    Completely blitzed right now. 3 sheets and all. 12 oz wine + Honey Jack Pepper (1 can Dr Pepper, 2 shots Jack Daniels honey)= a rather toasted Naiad.
    My Primal Battle Tome

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    tiz the season for toasting! My sons used to have Dr. Morgans= Dr Pepper + Captain Morgans=pretty tasty

Now that I'm back in the land of the living, I can bring this critter up to date.
    The chiro recommended a ergopillow. Even thought I had one of the donut chiropractic pillows, I actually bought a $10 memory foam ergopillow. I actually really like it. Because of it's shape, I'm forced to lay on my back to be comfortable (I'm a side sleeper.) It stays cool, as opposed to getting hot like every other pillow ever. It fits nicely in the pillow case.
    I was also told to take valerian nightly. Supposedly, it's more of a muscle relaxer than the cyclobenzeprene (supposedly more of a tranq than a muscle relaxer.) I definitely feel better this morning, although if it was the pillow, valerian, or alcohol, I couldn't tell you.
    If it's bad enough for heat, I'm supposed to roll up the heating pad like a newspaper and lay across it that way, with no pillow. Supposedly, that will help coax my neck back into alignment. Funnily enough, that's how I tend to do it, because that offers the most relief.
    Even stranger, I have no hangover today. Not even the mild headache that I usually get after alcohol. I had 12 oz of wine and 2 shots hard alcohol, and forgot to drink water before I passed out. I wonder if the sugar in the soda helped to cause that.
    My Primal Battle Tome