Page 3 of 283 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 3

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I can't believe I used to accept feeling like this as "normal for me." I feel like I've been beaten with a sledgehammer and my brain has been pureed into soup and spun out like cotton candy. All I want is to crawl back into bed and sleep for another 3 weeks. Obviously, I can't do that. I'm going to work and will do my best to find my engineering puree and compress it down to useable. I used to accept this fog, the feeling of being stoned without even any drugs or happy drug effects, this feeling that my body has betrayed me and turned into a 72 year old woman's without permission as my lot in life. That's what I get for having a traitorous body and mind that turn on themselves, yadayadayada.
    I will fight this. I will go paleo- ish (because aged cheddar is ok and I'm not gonna win on Sundays.) I will win against this Benedict Arnold of a body and mind because the other choice is to become my mother, a fate worse than death.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Another day or two should set things straight, yes? The first few days of recovery can be brutal, but you can do it!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

In theory, yes, as should actually taking vitamin D. (Those pills didn't make the trip to Dallas.)
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    It is incredible how we used to feel and just accepted as normal. And sad.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Ahhh, that sparkly fresh journal smell! *SNOOOORRRTTTKKKKRKRKKT* *wheeze*

Hope you recover from the Thanksgasm quickly. I'm working on that myself.

Sounds like the new job is _great_. They clearly like you and are impressed. And you sound genuinely enthusiastic about it, cheerful and ready and etc. It's nice!

Had leftover chile chicken with aged cheddar and chevre for lunch. I think the chevre is a no go, as that throat clog is back.
    Still feeling out of it and sickish. Not sure if it's just recovery or if it's what Sabine has. My stomach's been acting strange since last night,and I've been going back and forth between downright HOT and frigid. I'm always cold, so the frigid doesn't mean anything. The HOT (as in August in West Texas doing yardwork kind of hot) means something's off. I'm hoping it's just my body readjusting.
    ETA: Nope, definitely sick. Just hafta make it 3 more hours.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 11-26-2012 at 12:55 PM.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Reasonably certain I have a fever. Already took some Aleve, but it doesn't seem to be bringing it down. Keep bouncing back and forth between having on a jacket over my sweater over my shirt and wishing I could go topless at work. Feel stoned and useless, but I'm not going home unless they make me.
    These plans aren't helping my stupor, either. I need something more interesting than research and final mark ups to keep me going.
    Hey, you! Keep me occupado!
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Hope you feel better soon, Naiad.

Nice new journal. *looking around* I like what you've done with the place.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Aleve is finally kicking in, so I feel better but not well.
    Yeah, I thought the purple and gold paisley wallpaper was a bit much, so I ripped it down and haven't covered up the green paint yet.
    My Primal Battle Tome

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Drink LOTS of liquids.... preferably H2Agua.... Vitamin C is rumored to help with cold/flu symptoms, as are goldenseal and echinacea.... And rest.....

enjoy reading your journal. Good to hear from folks from the homeland. I used to live in andrews...

Page 3 of 283 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast