Page 277 of 283 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 2822

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 277

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Rather proud of how much I got done today, even with mandatory meetings eating half the day. I got in my room (asshole with the keys was dicknig around god knows where for half an hour), rearranged and reseated the nest of cables and cords in and around my desk (still need a zip tie), put up my background and trim on my boards(colored duct tape trim FTW), taped up my calendar and lesson objective areas, and put up a couple of the phrases in decals, as well as helped another teacher clean all her crap out of my room and do some minor rearrangement. Still need to move the kids' desks, finish my boards, cover the fume hood window, and recover one of the cabinets. Half tempted to take my Bender doll up to work as a classroom mascot, but I think I'd get in trouble for "bad influence."
    Ran this morning. Something's definitely going right. Week 1 of C25K was a cakewalk. It felt more like a warm up than my real workout, even with the stronger pace.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a good day back. I will go in next Wednesday for my set up day.
    Have a fabulous year Teach!

Classroom almost done. Just need to set up kids' desks and figure out one last bulletin board I wasn't expecting.
    I'm toying with the idea of a Primal/ Medterranean crossbreed for my Omega 6 problem. We know whole grains aren't necessarily the best thing in the world, so I don't want to do the true Mediterranean. However, now that I know grains alone aren't my issue, I'll probably incorporate them once in a while in a refined or semirefined form. I'll keep avoiding most pulses because ew. Dairy doesn't seem to be as much an issue, but I'll still probably eat little of it. Right now, the list looks kind of like the primal list with more olive oil and 2 servings of grains (maybe 4, if it's rice) a day. Higher in fish, leans more towards Cordain's lean meat structure. Still high in veg. Less bacon and pork (pig has the highest omega 6s and I can't get pastured.)
    Kinda gearing it towards 1 citrus, 1 flame colored fruit/ veg, 2 cups green and leafy, 6-12 oz red meat or lean chicken (grass fed/ pastured preferred), 2 potassium fruit (including tomatoes), 1 serving fish, 2-3 servings grains and potatoes (rice and potatoes preferred), and 3 eggs each day. Maybe yogurt or cream ( a little.)
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Today should be pretty healthy. Lunch was salmon salad (needs dill next time) with crackers, carrot with yogurt, an orange and a banana. Dinner will be chili dogs with veggies chips. Still debating on the bun.
    I got in another run this morning. Week 2 of C25K is right on the edge of physically possible. I did it, but I lagged pretty bad on the last run. I figure doing Week 2 this week should get me back up to where I was at the new speed.
    Got to sit through sexual harassment training today, as well as 2 hours of motivational rahrah bullshit. After learning not to fuck the students, we covered more useful stuff, like the campus wide grading plan, referral policy, and the cell phone policy.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 08-18-2014 at 04:41 PM.
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    After learning not to fuck the students, we covered more useful stuff, like the campus wide grading plan, referral policy, and the cell phone policy.
    Whew, I am glad they got that out of the way. I'd hate to think about the all day lovefest that school would have been without that speech.

My school made national news last year for having 5 teachers in the past two years break that code. One of the 5 broke it, got caught, quit at that very meeting, and committed suicide within 12 hours. I can see their reasoning for wanting more training on it. it's irritating, but this might help any other pedo perverts (really?1 they're in HIGH SCHOOL! Ew, cooties) think twice about acquiring victim.
    My Primal Battle Tome

NOT HAPPY. IT is taking their fucking sweet time getting around to getting me a laptop and I have over 30 kids in all but 2 of my classes.
    IT has dictated that we must take an online series of courses, come in for a mandatory course that they set the time for (never mind that I'm a TEACHER and can't just leave my desk,) and THEN I get the laptop. I finished all the (geared toward first time users) stupid training last night. I haven't even received the e-mail for when my training is yet. I need to take the class by Monday (you, know, when classes start?) I think I'll actually have to get a sub for a period, maybe two, because IT hasn't figured out that teacher's lives are not as fluid as theirs. I live and die by that bell schedule. There's no point in face to face training. At all. Any stupid shit was covered with the online training. Every person on this planet knows not to drop, sit on, or drive over the laptop and that they need to be charged. Fuckers.
    I'm also a bit irritated with school admin right now. NO class should have 37 kids in it, especially not a science class, and ESPECIALLY not a hands on learning (ala Project Lead the Way) class. I don't even have enough CHAIRS for them all. The only way I can fit 37 kids is using all 25 desks and sitting kids on both sides of every lab table. I'm being told that it should drop down to around 30- 32 kids once they've balanced all the classes, but that may not be until the end of next week. Mind you, this class is designed for 16 kids, 20 max.
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Good lord. That sucks Naiad. :/

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    My school made national news last year for having 5 teachers in the past two years break that code. One of the 5 broke it, got caught, quit at that very meeting, and committed suicide within 12 hours. I can see their reasoning for wanting more training on it. it's irritating, but this might help any other pedo perverts (really?1 they're in HIGH SCHOOL! Ew, cooties) think twice about acquiring victim.
    We've had this happen in our district a few times over the past few years. Both were female teachers. The first was a special ed teacher who seduced one of her 18 year old students. The second occurred in a neighboring district where a first year female choral music teacher started dating one of her senior year male students and married the guy right after he turned 18. She applied for a job at our district for choral music instruction and got that due to her daddy being the choral music teacher who was leaving. Gotta love nepotism.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
    Georgette

It's been a long day. A REALLY long day. Because IT screwed me, I got to sit and watch other people do what we were supposed to be doing, while trying not to fall asleep.
    According to the rumor mill, one the new guys (Mike) is supposed to pick up a PT class. IF that happens and t hey haven't already accounted for it, my class numbers could go down a fair amount further.
    Tomorrow should be interesting. It's a work day, meaning in the classroom doing my own thing.
    My Primal Battle Tome