Page 257 of 283 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 2828

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 257

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Hi, Meaty!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Hi, Meaty!
    Anti-climactic response! And here I was, putting myself out there, humping your leg ;D
    How've you been?
    "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

You failed to note me tripping over you while you were humping my leg. ;D
    Let's see, since we've last talked...
    I've gotten a dog, switched careers (teaching HS physics and robotics now), figured out what was wrong with me, gained 10 lb, lost 15 lb (at 120 lb now), nd done a lot of bitching and moaning. If you want the REALLY long version, read through this journal.
    I see you've made a few discoveries and gotten a guy! Yay!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    You failed to note me tripping over you while you were humping my leg. ;D
    Let's see, since we've last talked...
    I've gotten a dog, switched careers (teaching HS physics and robotics now), figured out what was wrong with me, gained 10 lb, lost 15 lb (at 120 lb now), nd done a lot of bitching and moaning. If you want the REALLY long version, read through this journal.
    I see you've made a few discoveries and gotten a guy! Yay!
    I'm gonna have to read through a hell of a lot of journals here...

I've been going to read journals made by people who were posting here before. Some of them seemed to be on the right track all along... I'm gonna have to take notes!

I guess we both got pets ;D
    How's your guy?
    It's wonderful you're teaching! You need to use your clue bat to impart wisdom on the young and stupid ;D
    May they be less numb skulled than I...
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

Geek's ok.
    While I'd love to use my big blue spiked clue bat of Doom (tm) on the kids, admin frowns upon blood spatter, so I'm having to find other methods of imparting knowledge.
    Just got back from a 6 month appt with my physician. She seems to agree my thyroid has gone hyper and wants to check the labs, just in case. I did ask for thyroid antibodies, too. She seems concerned about my thyroid itself. When she went to tough my throat near it, while it wasn't painful, it sure didn't feel like it should. Kinda like how an inflamed but not painful thing is: it doesn't hurt, but you can sure as hell feel them prodding it and would rather them not. She wants to check my thyroid ultrasound records and possibly have me get another one. Oddly enough, my temp is right where it should be.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Oh, she also agreed with me on the probable IBS. Like me, she wants to try it with just the diet first before adding any meds. (Heh, not like I'll take more meds willingly...)
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry Geek is away. I hope Friday gets here quickly for you.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

So what's your diet like now?

It's so refreshing that you've found a doctor you like and who listens to you. I haven't found one that's hasn't tried to kill me yet with heart healthy whole grains.
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

Oh, she's trying to kill me with whole grains and statins, I just don't listen.
    For those that have been following my long, self- absorbed, and whiny story, you know I've fucked around with just about every version, if only for a little while.
    Primal? Yep, and kept going back to it.
    Paleo? Didn't last long, but I tried it until I face planted into cheese.
    Whole 30? Tried it until I recognized the ever increasing eating disorder and dropped it like a hot brick.
    VLC? Tried it until I started getting the shakes and hyperthyroidism symptoms, then dropped it like a hot brick.
    Never was able to keep a high carb version going very long. Just couldn't eat enough.
    CICO/ maco/ micro itty bitty detail? Tried it. Liked the data, hated the logging. Occasionally go back to it
    PHD? Just couldn't eat that much food, even when my body was going hyperthyroidism, but I did take away and run with some of the stuff in the book.
    Sugar laden version? Body loved it, I just couldn't get around eating that much sugar, processed or not.
    Sulfite free (sensitivity)? Pain in the ass and possibly wrong (more in a sec), but I felt better, so stayed with it.
    Low FODMAP for IBS and GERD? Pain in the ass, but seems to be the current answer.

Alright, first the earthshaking news I dug up last night. IBS can cause migraine like symptoms and nausea if you eat the wrong thing, which, TA-DA, is the stuff from the low sulfite diet that was causing me issues. Matter of fact,every known culprit I dug up was high FODMAP, even the ones I couldn't pinpoint as being sulfited. So, sulfites can kiss my ass. It was FODMAPs all along. That does open up my diet some.
    Also, I FINALLY got the doc to test my thyroid antibodies. Yep, it's Hashimoto's thyroiditis, but apparently "early." (I need to dig more into that. What's the difference between early and late? How my body reacts? Is it possible hat could mean the ashwagandha is reversing it? What about the molybdenum and vit K?) She's also wigging out about my cholesterol again and failing to note the correlation between my thyroid numbers being off (but not out of range) and my cholesterol skyrocketing. It's always done that when my numbers are off. It's never been "Normal", mind you, but it does get higher when my thyroid numbers are off. I'm still trying to research what my numbers and ratios mean for my thyroid. (My cholesterol ratios are all still ideal.)
    When I figure out the cause, I may try and find a naturopath or doc that prescribes Armour or something akin to that. "You're thyroid is fine", my ear.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Holy acronyms, batman!

I've been off the internets for far too long to understand what any of those mean. But then again most of what you say goes over my head, you fancy engineering/ robotics teacher!

How do you reason with her though? Do you ignore her and smile or do you get an itch to lecture her about the benefits of butter? (sounds like my relationship with my mother)

You said that something's working for you now, though... Anything specific?

I'm in a rut as usual but post-BC it's even more difficult to break the plateau. Holy shit, did you notice how many people lost weight through chronic cardio and SAD or low-fat and vegan and how many are stuck or gaining on Primal?
    I mean, it's like our bodies WANT us to abuse them into submission. My method of abuse was VVVVLC, low cal, plus fasting (not intermittent, obsessive...). So now when the idea of eating starches come up my eyes widen in horror...

Mmm... High sugar diet, do tell >;D

Also:
    -Raymond Peat, PhD