Page 250 of 278 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 2773

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 250

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I am now back on track after a lady at Al Anon asked when I was "expecting the new little addition to the family. "
    Oh no !

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Today has been a long, cruddy day. Plenty of energy and good food, just bad news piled atop more bad news.
    My main school has had 4 teachers resign from inappropriate contact with a student. 2 were convicted, one just resigned, and the most recent one resigned and committed suicide less than 24 hours later, or roughly 2 hours ago.
    My inflammation isn't going away as quickly as I would like and the culprit is either my chocolate or my fruitsicles, neither of which would I like to go away.
    Geek goes out of town week after next.
    My niece's best friend ended up with a nasty compound fracture.
    And Al Anon is dragging up some old stuff from my past I REALLY don't want to think about (Abusive Ex.)
    I think that last one is what's really bothering me. The rest of the stuff, while bad, wouldn't bother me near as badly if I was in a state to deal with it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    *I hug you with my mind.*

Seriously, sending love your way.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Thinking of You.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    *more internet hugs*
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

RittenRemedy is online now Senior Member
    Even moar internet hugs!

I've got a bad ex I spent at least a year and a half extracting and defending myself from. Those are never good memories to have forced back up.

The potential coworker suicide is pretty scary too.

You can do it! Plenty of luvs! Ignore my sig for this one!

The MDA drunk: drunk posting warning. I feel like I should add a caveat; this is my Saturday afternoon!

It isn't potential. He is dead of a self inflicted gunshot wound to the the chest.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Today was BORING and then irritating.
    It was a state test day for the kids, which, for me, meant watching 20 kids take a test for 3 hours. Lemme tell you how boring that was.
    The meeting did occur, we did get more info. The teacher, during his resignation, admitted to the misconduct, and killed himself within a day of resigning.
    I went back to the optometrist to pick up my glasses, only to find out that my insurance is a complete dick to people with bad eyesight. I had to pay a second co-pay because I have both a standard eye exam and an astigmatism exam. They also didn't order my glasses because they quoted me the wrong price, even after seeing my prescription to put it in the system. Here again, having heinous eyesight fucked me over and they wanted to charge me another $80, on top of the extra $40 I had to pay because they guessed wrong at the insurance quote the first time. I told them I didn't want the glasses anymore and to refund my money from those to the larger exam fee. "Oh, we can't do that yet, the insurance lady has already left for the day. But we do need you to pay for the exam adjustment and we can reimburse you later." $40 later and I'm NOT happy with the staff at this optometrist's office. I came home and ordered my glasses from Coastal and paid less WITHOUT insurance through them and I would have paid WITH insurance through the doc. I think this is the only time my glasses have EVER come in under $100, even when I was a kid (bad eyes and my folks never had vision insurance.) If the idiot office does it right, I've already paid for my contacts through them with their stupid reimbursement.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I hope Coastal works out well! I just bought a new pair of frames w/ new lenses for about $125 through my insurance (VSP). Definitely the cheapest pair I've ever had (first pair I've ever bought for myself).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

They should, so long as the shipping company doesn't break them in route.
    I'm really happy with everything I've gotten done today, especially after having a fever yesterday. I've deep scrubbed the kitchen floor with borax, deep cleaned the living room carpet, cleaned off the table and counters, taken the stuff to Goodwill, cleaned the entry way, and cleaned the main bathroom. I attempted to rake the front yard, but a decent wind and 100*F temperature pushed me back inside in 15 minutes, if that. The only stuff I still want to do today are vacuum the baking soda stuff off the carpet and put my shoes by the front door away. Well, that and a shower; I'm pretty stinkydirty right now, thanks to the borax experiment.
    Turmeric definitely seems to be working for inflammation, even better than NSAIDs. I'm not hurting right now, even after a day of eating junk and more junk. (Donuts, pigs in blankets, snowcone, burger- actually primal-, and pizza)
    My Primal Battle Tome