Page 25 of 283 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 25

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Judy-
    Check your local ethnic markets. I get mine at the local meximart. I know they aren't organic, but it's the only place I've ever seen them. They look more like raptor claws than feet, which helps with the the dissonance filter so I can deal with them. (Makes sense, since chickens are the closest living relative to the raptor dinosaurs.)
    Speaking of the meximart, I need to find a cow head recipe. They sell whole heads there for dirt cheap.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Had another Savannah chopped salad for lunch.
    NW brought up something I haven't really mentioned. I FEEL again. No, not like "touch the table" feel. More like my emotions have gone from PBS to Lifetime: I've gone from merely observing what my emotions should be based on my minute emotional responses and doing what I think is appropriate based on that to actually feeling the emotion at full intensity. It's been slowly building with every positive diet tweak.
    I don't know if the lack of emotion was dysthymia, or a cultured reflex from when I was a kid, or just something wrong in my head that primal is fixing. Could be all 3, or none of the above.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I don't think I ever could have been diagnosed with dysthymia, but it seems fitting. I lie(d) too much to doctors for them to identify it, I think. I've gotten so used to telling them I'm doing okay because depression is not what I wanted to talk about, I still do it, except in therapy.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Dinner was chile chicken glop in lettuce rolls with aged cheddar.
    Nameless, I too can give any "right answer" they want to hear on a test. Did it as a kid to a shrink and fooled her. When I went in as an adult (well, college kid) under my own recourse, I realized it would be in my best interest not to have the "right answers," but the true answers. That was the only way I got diagnosed with the real issue (dysthymia, hypomania, ADD type 2, GAD.) I could still lie my ass off and pass a psych eval, if it came to it.
    Something that happened earlier tonight confirmed that a few things I learned as a small kid actually are useful in real life. This time it was the ability to realize when someone's displeasure/ anger/ frustration being vented at you is actually caused by displeasure/ anger/ frustration at something else. I make a thrust block, if nothing else, in those situations. (In my world, a "thrust block" is what is used to dissipate and redirect the energy at a bend or split in a water line, especially in fire lines. They're generally formed concrete blocks that the pipe joint rests in.)
    My Primal Battle Tome

Guh. Shouldn't have gone back to sleep at 0515 when I woke up. Shoulda just stayed awake, because at least that was the end of a sleep cycle.
    Had a bizarre dream. Dreamt I was back in college, and my mom was dropping me off for the semester. I didn't have ANY of my stuff with me. No clothes, no sheets, no computer, nada. I was running around from thrift store to thrift store trying to get the bare minimum of stuff I needed to survive. My roommate was in the same situation (I was rooming with Sonja from Pintester) but she kept getting free furniture we couldn't fit in the dorm (that was off campus for some reason). I was on my way to class, and I was riding a Big wheel type thing on a track. Someone was covering up various famous places and statues with paraphernalia from the school Texas love to hate and one of my alma maters rivals. I rode right through the giant Aggie monopoly game and scattered the cards. Then my alarm went off.
    Ugh. Headache. Probably courtesy the wind and not eating much last night. Oh well, couldn't miss work if I had the time. I have a couple grading designs that need to go out ASAP.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    JudyCr- my local Fiesta(Hispanic-focused) has chicken feet, but usually about twenty in a package. I freeze them in batches of sxi to throw in my stock. Do NOT put them on the top of your stuff by any means, because they will float up against the crockpot lid, and look VERY pathetic, like they are scrambling to get out. (Personal experience.) If you are very tenderhearted, you might even want to put them in a little cheesecloth bag, so you don't have to see them.

*TMI WARNING*
    I wanna know what sick joke evolution was playing by making me horniest at a point when sex is least practical. Seriously, I don't know anything that says "Hey, that's bleeding, let me stick my cock in it!" Even in the animal kingdom, true estrus and heat doesn't occur until after blood flow.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Lubrication?

And I think you could put, 'Hey that's "ANYTHING"' and most guys would find, 'let me stick my cock in it', to be a valid completion of the sentence.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Lubrication?

And I think you could put, 'Hey that's "ANYTHING"' and most guys would find, 'let me stick my cock in it', to be a valid completion of the sentence.
    guy disclaimer - this does not apply to cacti, porcupines, hedgehogs or anyone under the age of 18.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yes and no, Canio. The "lizard brain" of most males would even want jailbait, but the human mind overrules it. As to sharp pointy things, I'm assuming that remains constant.
    My Primal Battle Tome