Page 249 of 278 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 2774

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 249

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Dinner was leftovers: hamburger patty, jambalaya, garlic sausage, cheddar, pepper jack, salsa, tort chips, +6 pills.
    Just held a civil conversation with Cassie. While I did hafta fight to NOT "kick the puppy", it was actually a decent conversation. She has some brains in there, which is exceedingly easy to forget given our past.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I hope things continue to improve between you and Cassie.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

In a contemplative sort of mood.
    Things have calmed down, slowed down, in a great sort of way. It's the end of the six weeks cycle. My sister and I are back of speaking terms (if very shaky.)
    I may have been expecting too much from these kids at the school. I forget, often, that they are not magnet kids and most are not the best and brightest. I can't make the leaps that made sense to me and have it make sense to them. Many are gifted, in their own way, and most have some nodule of intelligence when they choose to use it. Unfortunately, due to the way Texas ed works and what the counselors did, I have many who struggle with basic math, to the tune of needing a calculator for basic multiplication tables. They need at LEAST to know algebra for my class and many have forgotten or never knew it. I spend half my time reteaching algebra and another quarter breaking up groups of idiot friends who pull each other off topic. Add in that these kids were awed by a basic magnetic field with iron filings, and these kids are in a world of hurt in the class I was teaching. I'm having to slow down, really work through each version of an equation with them, complete with how I rearranged it, and realize I can't just turn them loose on a lab without examples out the ass and hand walking them through it. It hurt to see so many seniors so unprepared for the real world and university. These kids seem think think they can miss an exam or lab or 3 and still pass my class. They are so woefully underprepared. Yeah, they're passing, but it doesn't mean they know the topic.
    As to Cassie, I do realize that the grudge was all on my end. I don't really know why. I imagine that it probably had to do with a difference in intelligences (bright vs fighting) and probably had no small part with how she managed to escape from home (before I did) in a way that was never an option to me. I'm trying to remove that wall an chunk at a time, but a wall 2 decades in the making is a hard wall to rip down. She's been trying to reach out to me and I've been either smacking it down or flat out avoiding it. That's a hard pill to swallow. So is the one that says "maybe she's not the dumb bitch I've painted her as." I can't say we'll ever agree on everything (religion won't change on either end, for example), but we can at least get to the point of not trying to kill each other over Thanksgiving dinner and MAYBE even being friends.
    Meals have been so- so this week, 95% low fodmap, except yesterday when I said fuck it at lunch and Wednesday when I said fuck it at dinner.
    I've had a serious case of burnout exhaustion this week. All I've wanted to do is sleep. Last night I slept for 13 freaking hours and I'm still tired from exhaustion.
    I've received permission to make the kids do a Rube Goldberg machine as their subjective final. We'll see how well that goes. I may give them the option: project with report and oral presentation, or test. I know what most of them will take, but I think I should give the option regardless.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I think I may leave the paleo/ primal path for a bit. I have an inkling that sulfites and fodmaps are related for me, although whether that is because I don't have a sulfite allergy (there is a link between my symptoms and GERD/ high FODMAP foods) or because so many foods are shared on that "bad" list, I don't know. I have a theory that I have a sulfite intolerance and a FODMAP intolerance, and sulfites tend to hitch a ride with high FODMAP foods. It may be that I don't have a sulfite intolerance. What I may do to test that is grab a pack of FODMAP friendly sulfited dried fruit and see how I react.
    My Primal Battle Tome

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Aww but we'll miss you and miss out on any potential discoveries you might make. TT^TT

I'll still be around (well, in the same manner I am now.) Just won't be posting food near as often.
    My Primal Battle Tome

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I'll still be around (well, in the same manner I am now.) Just won't be posting food near as often.
    I've kinda done the same thing. Mostly just keeping up with people's journals (or falling behind).

The cardboard (rice bread, gf) is a no go. Tastes bland and causes sulfite/ GERD issues, even with the pills.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Yes, I'm here. Yes, I'm alive. I just fell off the wagon a little, and by "a little", I mean I fell head first into a pile of bread and cookies and ate my way out. I am now back on track after a lady at Al Anon asked when I was "expecting the new little addition to the family. "
    My Primal Battle Tome

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Good to have you back.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!