Page 248 of 283 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 2828

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 248

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Suffering from wheat issues, but dinner was totally worth it. Geek brought home Greek food from Lubbock from the little Mom and Pop shop we love. First time I've had decent shawarma and baklava in 6 years.
    Several of my trouble students are FINALLY passing. I'm still not likely to hit 20% failure rate, but 30% is better than 50%, which is what I had last cycle.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I finally broke down and took a laxative yesterday after work. I think it was the work of the rice crackers that backed it all up. The dam finally broke around 0430. Things still aren't completely clear, but it's better than it was by a long shot. It seems to have taken care of some of the wheat issues as well, oddly enough.
    Cassie has taken to replying to my posts and even wanting the occasional messenger conversation. I'm fighting the reflex to "punt the puppy"; I'm actually playing nice and trying to be understanding of her.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Been fighting a headache for several hours, since roughly 8th period. Should probably try some coconut water and see if it's electrolytes or dehydration.
    Dinner was jambalaya, made low FODMAP style.
    Made up the test for tomorrow. Four different versions should help me identify cheaters and flunk them. Mwahahahahaha!
    My Primal Battle Tome

If I can scrape together an extra $80, give or take, in May, I'll have my car paid off June 1st. I'm SO looking forward to that payment going away.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Yay! Congrats
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

OH! Friday or Thursday, I found out more about my suicidal kid. Apparently, he was under the impression that everyone wanted him dead, so there was no point in living. His friends were trying to convince him otherwise and one of them said "Mrs. [Knight] even left the class room for half the class trying to find you the day she gave you that referral." He looks at me and goes "Really?!" "Yeah. If I wanted you dead, I wouldn't have gone to make sure you were still alive." He gets this look on his face that was almost as epiphany, something like "maybe my friends aren't lying" and says "Wow. Ok."
    My Primal Battle Tome

RittenRemedy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    OH! Friday or Thursday, I found out more about my suicidal kid. Apparently, he was under the impression that everyone wanted him dead, so there was no point in living. His friends were trying to convince him otherwise and one of them said "Mrs. [Knight] even left the class room for half the class trying to find you the day she gave you that referral." He looks at me and goes "Really?!" "Yeah. If I wanted you dead, I wouldn't have gone to make sure you were still alive." He gets this look on his face that was almost as epiphany, something like "maybe my friends aren't lying" and says "Wow. Ok."
    Aww poor kid. ;(

I was saddened that he felt that way. I honestly wanted to tell him "prove them wrong, prove you deserve to live by making something more awesome of yourself," but I was afraid of crossing a line.
    I think I'm temporarily going to drop PHD and go to a low FODMAP/ primal/ GAPS hybrid. Effectively, low FODMAP with only rice allowed as a starch grain and minimal (no known) added sugar or sugary substances.
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    So, do the kids in your class get a chuckle out of your real last name?

Is Cassie the sister that spent time in jail?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I hear a joke on it every day. Oddly enough, te ones you'd think would catch it first are the ones who catch it last (for the reason you'd expect.)
    Yes, Cassie's the jailbird.
    My Primal Battle Tome