Page 247 of 277 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 2766

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 247

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    It is, but I'm rolling with it for the time being and keeping an eye on him. It may have just been a backfired cry for attention (I'm hoping.) If not, he knows what he's allowed in my class. He's unfortunately in a class of 28 kids with a handful of dedicated assholes, so it's difficult to keep an eye on his behavior when he's being quiet and withdrawn. I'm still keeping an eye out.
    Dinner was the same salad, with more fish sauce, lime juice and an addition of olive oil. By the way, olive oil doesn't play well with fish sauce.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Just finished all the "Johnny Jackass is failing because he won't do any fucking work" calls except for 8th period. I still have about 10 more to do during my planning period tomorrow. I got several promises that the kid WILL do his/ her work or else, another with dark threats of "motivation," more than a few "no habla ingles," a couple "I'm trying but s/he's 18" and half of them with dead phones, no voicemail, or changed numbers. We'll see if this changes any minds on doing work. Seems like it'll affect many of them positively, but not some of the worst ones.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Good luck with that. I was always terrified of my parents growing up so failure was not an option...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Definitely a fuck it evening. Developed a headache and running on empty in terms of energy. Dinner was actually a bit of a miracle: a frozen pizza burrito (a GF Pizza Pocket rip off) that was almost completely low FODMAP and PHD friendly. The masa and mozz are the only things that are "bad" and I was willing to take that hit for the frozen junk food I was craving.
    My Primal Battle Tome

This talk bout adolescent years got me thinking about mine.
    I spent a lot of mine either out of the house or curled up in my little reading nook I created. The time spent out of my house was either at school, with RA Girl, or at a school function.
    I was big in academic UIL, mostly literary criticism, spelling, One act play, and poetry. My school was competitive enough that we had a UIL meet pretty much every Saturday, from as far as 3 hours away. We usually swept the sciences and maths, and didn't do too shabby at the literary and performance categories. It wasn't really about the competition though. It was about the time with friends. I spent most of every Saturday roaming unfamiliar school halls with my friends and playing Magic: The Gathering.
    I was also on the German Dancing team, which had its own competition season. We usually did decent, but would get our asses handed to us on costume by the rich districts. RA Girl was in there too.
    When we weren't in school or at competition, RA Girl and I did everything we could to be inseparable. We both had not so great home lives, so we used the other as a buffer or escape, as neither family misbehaved with guests around.
    I spent a LOT of time reading and writing as an escape. I discovered sci fi early, with A Wrinkle in Time. I discovered fantasy even earlier. I kept many a journal (I usually got through a journal of 100 pages a year.) Reading some of those entries hurts, reading others makes me laugh at the drama I built things into then.
    I spent time trying to literally climb the walls and go high in trees and on jungle gyms. If I was outside, I most likely wasn't on the ground.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I may have just had a light bulb moment regarding my middle sister and why we don't communicate well.
    I don't know that she grasps humor. Sure, she'll laugh when everyone else does, but it's a little too hard and a little too forced. Sarcasm just blows right by her. Jokes, except for the painfully obvious, don't even ruffle her hair. I, on the other hand, take refuge in humor. It is my shield, my spear, my armor. It's my survival mechanism that trumps all. That barrier of advanced humor versus vestigial humor creates a wall. I'd wager the last time we had a similar sense of humor was the last time we got along: 20- 25 years ago. It's an interesting concept. It does explain a lot, though.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Did not sleep well last night. Kept waking up. Today is a lab day, so gods save us all.
    I've been thinking on Einstein's definition of insanity a lot recently. Same goes for the Buddhist 4 Noble Truths. They seem to go hand in hand. It makes a world of sense to say "What did I expect? Why did I expect that? How can I adjust/ remove future expectations to save some suffering?"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I don't have much of a sense of humor either and my BIL makes a joke out of everything. I suspect that's why we don't get along - he cracks too many jokes (to the point that he doesn't know when to stop picking on someone) and I don't find much humor in picking on someone. I got tired of it one day and threw an empty beer can at him - hit him in the eye. He doesn't pick on me anymore - but we don't talk much either - only for the purpose of sharing information, not conversationally. It works well enough for me. I no longer dread family get togethers that he'll be attending.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I don't have much of a sense of humor either and my BIL makes a joke out of everything. I suspect that's why we don't get along - he cracks too many jokes (to the point that he doesn't know when to stop picking on someone) and I don't find much humor in picking on someone. I got tired of it one day and threw an empty beer can at him - hit him in the eye. He doesn't pick on me anymore - but we don't talk much either - only for the purpose of sharing information, not conversationally. It works well enough for me. I no longer dread family get togethers that he'll be attending.
    Oh yeah I would love to do this at most family gatherings shame I am chicken

Jenn, you do have a sense of humor. You're able to grasp sarcasm, you enjoy verbal jokes. You're also a sensitive soul that sees no humor in the pain of others, which makes many think you have no sense of humor.
    Cassie, on the other hand, has a sense of humor that is developmentally stalled at Makenna's or Brady's age, without understanding the jokes. She can understand that a joke as been made on her own, sometimes, but even after explaining it, the joke is still lost on her. She laughs because she knows something is supposed to be funny, but she doesn't know WHY she is laughing.
    I think she either has autism or is developmentally flatlined at various places. My father thinks her brain "cooked" a little with she had that really high fever as a baby. My mother knows she is developmentally off, but offers no theories. I think she may be true, semi high functioning autistic. She exhibits or exhibited many of the classic signs. As to the fever, I'm not sure it caused anything, but it sure as hell didn't help. Whichever it is, she is not developmentally 27 (her calendar age.) Physically, she is 27. Intellectually, she's roughly 12. Emotionally (depending on the day) she's between 5 and 13. In many cases, she's effectively a 12 year old in a 27 year old's body. Unfortunately, her sexual organs appear to be fully developed, although she only has a rough idea of what the process of sex and pregnancy are. She loves babies, but god forbid she ever reproduce, the kid would most likely be neglected or physically abused.
    I want the best for her, and I'm not sure what that is. I think right now, she is doing what would help her most by accident. She's effectively a nanny to my uncle's kids. She seems to be doing well with it, if a little insensitive and not understanding of the kids' reasoning; her heart's in the right place.
    As to me relating to her... it's difficult. She's very much the polar opposite of me, even without the developmental issues. I am trying to reach out to her, to help breach that gulf of whatever it is, because she can't do it alone or even meet me halfway. I'm starting small, mostly so I don't damage it before I start. I don't know that we'll ever be friends, but I can at least try to remove some of the animosity between us.
    My Primal Battle Tome