Page 245 of 283 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 2822

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 245

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Just looked in the mirror and got the shock of my life. My stomach is FLAT. No pooch, no puff. FLAT. I guess it takes a GI purge after PHD FODMAP diet at ideal weight to do it. Still staying on my modified version of the diet. If I can do it through sickness and food poisoning, I can do it through just about anything. I may make rare exceptions for special occasions, but that's really it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Just looked in the mirror and got the shock of my life. My stomach is FLAT. No pooch, no puff. FLAT. I guess it takes a GI purge after PHD FODMAP diet at ideal weight to do it. Still staying on my modified version of the diet. If I can do it through sickness and food poisoning, I can do it through just about anything. I may make rare exceptions for special occasions, but that's really it.
    Yay! I got a shock like that a few weeks ago (not anymore, damn gut issues and junk food!).

On being sick and kimchi: the foulest thing I've ever had in my mouth was kimchi food poisoning. OMG and it was so bad it got into my nose and burned so badly. Much sympathy.

Ow. I'm still not sure how you pull a muscle in your sleep, but I did it again. Upper back, across my left shoulderblade this time (lat). Hurts to breathe.
    I didn't really taste the kimchi much, thank the gods. It was mostly salsa and fajitas (sans onion + veggies) coming up. I have no real desire for anything tomato product based or acidic for a while.
    Got a nap yesterday. I'm still zonked. Things are finally starting to bloom down here, so I'm figuring my tiredness is a symptom of my allergies. To be honest, my symptoms are generally mild enough (stuffy nose, mild fatigue, maybe itchy eyes) that I didn't even think I had them until the test.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Some stress due to illness and maybe work things could contribute towards pulling a muscle during sleep? Maybe?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Dunno. Whatever it is, I think I mostly stretched it out with yoga and blasting it with hot water (massage setting on the shower head.) it no longer hurts to breathe, anyways.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Today is done and the drama has fallen away. Thank the gods. I don't think I could've handled much more than that.
    Before school, a pick up t-boned a school bus, sending kids to the hospital. I have/ had reason to believe one of my kids may have been on that bus. I know know she wouldn't have been, but I was still worried.
    Later, I sent a kid to the discipline center with a referral. I was pulled aside by his friends after the fact and told that he is suicidal. The only reason he was in class is he was effectively forced to be and was still pretty bad off. Ok, I go to relay to his office this detail and try and revoke the referral. He never made it to either place. Now, I was worried. I didn't want the referral to be the last straw. I figured he may have just gone to lunch early (he had it next period), but I wasn't sure. Cue the drama of trying to find him. I went to my next campus, worried sick. After school, I send off an e-mail. Kid did make it back to school after lunch. He's seen the counselor and they've spoken to his mother. Tomorrow, I'll pull him aside and talk to him. I'm not expecting him to open up to me, especially after today, but he does need to know that there is a SAS counselor available and we need to work out an arrangement so he's not getting away with murder in my class while he's dealing with it.
    Speaking of tomorrow, I'm giving a test on electrostatics (static electricity.) This should be interesting to watch.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Oh really, spammer?! A suicidal student and potentially badly injured child are "awesome"?! A teacher worrying that they drove a student to suicide is "awesome"?!
    You have earned your own special hell. There is a rogue planet, I'm sure, between here and Betelgeuse. An ice world that has never seen a star even in the far distance, an ice world that makes Hoth look like the Caribbean. You, spammer, have been awarded a one way, 2x10^12 night trip to this ice world, for your lowlife, scumbag "profession" and failure to even READ where you're posting, resulting in an egregious breach of etiquette and respect.
    My Primal Battle Tome

*Cue a TQP fashion moment*
    Stupid fickle Texas weather. I HAD a cute outfit for a cool rainy day picked out. Not I need to rearrange the idea for a warm mostly sunny day. Thankfully, I have the parts, I can rebuild it.
    *Cue changeover from black pants, gray tank, gray long sleeve thin sweater, pink cardigan, pink flats and a leopard scarf to black pants, gray tank, pink elbow length sweater, denim jacket, and silver flats*
    My Primal Battle Tome

Last night's Al Anon session was on intimacy. That's one of those words which I can give the textbook definition, but a true definition is a mystery to me. Intimacy means feelings, acknowledging feelings, and letting people in. It means not shutting down before others can get in, so I don't get hurt. It means showing affection, which I have no clue how to do. (Well, I have some ideas, but it does not come naturally.)
    I feel emotions, but it almost seems like I experience these emotions in a "simple" sort of way. I hafta peel them apart, one at a time, set them on their own, and then feel them. I don't think I feel most in an "adult" way, I guess because emotions were dangerous as a kid. I simply live in the emotion, whatever it is. I can't say I let it control me, but my control over which emotion appears is shaky at best. Say I'm angry at something. I'm angry. The whole damn world around me knows I'm angry. I don't take it out on anyone (most of the time.) I just live in the anger until I find the proper release, which is usually acknowledging it, its cause, and allowing myself to temporarily feel the rage associted with it. Most of the time, just doing that means I'm back to my normal self. I liken myself to a 4 year old: it happened, I felt it, it's over.
    Unfortunately, these old memories and emotions are more difficult, because they've had time to stew and fester in a mixed pot of memories and pain.
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    (hugs) sounds like a rough couple of days. Were you able to speak with the student today?

Sorry for the memory dredging... never a fun time.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)