Page 24 of 278 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 24

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Geo, I agree that prayer should be allowed, but do not make it sanctioned. Allow the kid to pray at their desk or step into the hallway, but do not inject it as something expected or required.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is online now Senior Member
    I know that I have heard of some schools having prayer groups which is a nice way to be able to doing it. Ours don't offer anything like that which is surprising considering we live a hick town.
    Georgette

Well, that's a hell of a decision. With the budget I have laid out for next year, I can have a few months of an emergency fund and the car paid off by August, or I can have 9 months and change of emergency money in the same time frame. I honestly don't know which path I want/ should take.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    9 Months of Emergency Money, is my vote. Then, the car.

I'm awake now, that's for damn sure. 15 jump squats, 12 inverted rows at 20 lb, 8 dips, 12 knee pushups, and 15 walking lunges per leg, for 2 sets in 20 minutes. And my idiot self decided it'd cause no issues doing it in flannel pj pants if I wore only a sports bra up top, so now I'm sweating like a freaking boxer. I now remember why I work out as close to nekkid as possible.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    9 month emergency fund.

Hurray for nekkid workouts!
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

For the budget thing, I neglected to mention that my 3 or 9 months would be on top of the 3/6 (6 if one, 3 if both lose their job) we keep in the joint account and however much is socked away in the joint savings. If it were just my 3 or 9 months, paying off the car wouldn't even be an option, especially since I'm on track to pay it off July 2014 (ahead of schedule.) Since we do have that joint cushion, I'm considering getting that 20% of my monthly bills done and out of the way.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Oooh, that does make a difference. Great that you already have that cushion. Okay...car!

This last batch of bone broth came out perfectly. Gelatinous, rich, and chickeny.
    Recipe
    4 lb whole chicken, organs optional (sometimes they come with the bird, sometimes they don't)
    1/2 lb chicken feet, declawed (use a cleaver for this)
    1 onion, roughly chopped
    2 large celery ribs, roughly chopped, leaves and all
    2 carrots roughly chopped, tops and all
    1 head garlic, smashed
    Water
    2 tbsp cider vinegar
    Scatter the veggies and feet in the bottom of the crock pot, creating a nest for the bird. Put the bird in breast down. Cook on low for 10 hrs. Use tongs to fish the bird out. It will fall apart on you. Pick the meat off the chicken, set aside for other uses, and throw the bones and skin back in the pot. Top off the crock pot with water and add the vinegar. 10-12 hrs later, strain and cool your broth.
    My Primal Battle Tome

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Oh, how wonderful that recipes looks, I have a big organic chicken in freezer now.
    Now to find chicken feet?? Have never seen them for sale, plus they will make me sad,
    Will put DH on that step. Thx, NK, printing it now.

(I have GOT to get out of this horrible funk because of the murders, 3 kids coming over today, ages 3,4,5, yikes.)