Page 237 of 283 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 2828

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 237

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Never did get to the doc, but the cough is going away, so I'll chalk it up to "I'm healing" and leave it alone.
    My morning school has decided that not only is there a mandatory staff meeting thus morning, but there is an evening thing called Prime Time, where I get to drive back over there and "show off" the projects my students have supposedly done to their parents. Of course, since I'm technically salaried, I don't get paid for this farce. Joy of joys, the principal and AS will be wandering into classrooms at my afternoon school so the principal can show off. Today is going to be a long. fucking. day.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Ah, the dogs and ponies are on parade. Best of luck naiad.

To make life even better, I just almost passed out in front of the kids. They forced me to leave and go see a doc. At the doc now. Still REALLY light headed. Pain too. Possible fever.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

The doc said it was bronchitis and inner ear inflammation. She gave me abx and the really good tussinex. She also gave me a steroid shot and did something that helped with the faintness.
    Then I came home and crashed, because the district didn't want me to pass out in front of the kids.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Between the steroid shot, antibiotics, tussionex, forced sleep, and a forced day off, I'm doing a LOT better. Not quite back to kicking ass and taking names, but at least back to taking names so I know whose ass to kick later.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Yay! Glad you are on the mend.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I think I've figured out how I'm going to do the project the kids have been working on. They won't finish in time to get the test done before Spring Break if I let them go to completion, so I've set today/ Monday as the last day. Effectively, if they finish it or want to work on it over the weekend, then we can test it today or tomorrow. If they can show me they've made some attempt to wire it, we can use the mock up board we have to stand in for their circuit and they can get their data from there. If they can't show me any proof they've done anything on it, they fail it.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Oddly enough, I don't feel the desire to shop for clothing that I once did. It's not even being happy with my closet (though I am), but just lacking that "need." I wonder if maybe it was an outlet of some sort that is either being filled in other ways or that I've grown beyond.
    Matter of fact, I haven't needed any of my other "guilty pleasures" or bad habits. The only times I've bitten my nails were if one broke and caught on something. I haven't fiddled with something until breaking it in a REALLY long time. I haven't needed the escape of a book (although I do still read, but for joy, not escape.) I haven't had an implosive cry in quite a while, even when I was sick. I haven't had a cleaning frenzy (indicative of something in my head I don't want to deal with.)
    What happened? Why do I suddenly seem to be at peace and downright happy with who I am and what I have? Maybe this is the serenity Al Anon keeps harping on about. Maybe this is what happens when you do what you're supposed to do, rather than ramming your head into obstacle after obstacle and calling the Universe a bunch of jackasses.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Trying to get geared up for meals this week.
    Lunch- crock pot chicken (made Sunday night), salsa/ barbecue sauce/ berry sauce, rice, carrots/ berries/ apple, spinach
    Dinner- spag and squash (starch? maybe potato pancakes with garlic bread seasoning?), stir fry (beef, veggies, lime, ginger) with rice, accordion potatoes with hamburgers, berry pork with mole rice, chicken curry with rice.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I made a really hard phone call today: the ninth step call to my mother. Yeah, the one about making amends. The one about offering to rebuild bridges long since burnt.
    It... it went. I made some really difficult apologies. She came as close as my mother ever does to accepting an apology ("it's ok [insert rationalization here.]") I got a couple unexpected almost- apologies out of her, which blew me away. Most importantly, I got some sense of closure and a sense that the peace offering had been tentatively accepted. Strange, really.
    My Primal Battle Tome