Page 232 of 283 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242282 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 2828

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 232

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    3 guesses what was for lunch and the first two don't count. Yep, yet more rice pudding. Peach this time.
    I'm not sure what they're teaching these little idiots in algebra, but it's not algebra. I just had to waste a lesson on how to solve for one variable because only half of them knew how to do it. We're not talking calculus. We're talking solving for 'x.' That shit should be a mandatory prereq for physics/ PoT, but apparently, the algebra teachers aren't beating these kids hard enough to get it to stick. I think corporal punishment for wrong answers/ dumbassery/ general stupidity for some of these little fuckers is the way to go. That or let them flunk out and figure that they want that piece of paper enough to try for it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    That is odd. We had to at least be enrolled in trig (done with both alg 1 & 2) but they preferred us to be in calc before taking physics.

Bare minimum to graduate is to pass the alg 1 exit test, in terms of math. Most can puzzle out X+3=5. About half can figure out 2X+3=6(7). Maybe 10%, before the crash course today, could actually finish the math to do an elastic collision equation [23(1)+4(6)= 23x+4(8)].
    I can't teach them the science if they can't solve for x or rearrange formulas. They can't pass the exit exam for physics, even remedial physics, if they can't do the freaking math.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

So it's my birthday in 45 minutes, or 17 hrs and 39 minutes, if you want to get technical. I proudly share my birthday with Abraham Lincoln and Charles Darwin, as well as Darwin Day and Nation Freedom to Marry Day.
    Allow me to regale you with the story of me coming into this world. I was supposed to be a Valentine's Day baby. Around 1500 on the 12th, my mother went into true labor with me. She calls the doc to let him know and he says "Go ahead and head to the hospital. The baby probably won't be here until 11 or midnight, because she's the first kid, but go ahead and beat rush hour." By the time they make it to the hospital and get into my Mom's room, it's 1600. I officially come into the world at 1654. The doc wasn't even there yet, I was delivered by someone else. The doc waltzes into the room about 15 minutes after I was delivered. My parents joke that they should have known then that I was impatient, took no shit, and when I make up my mind to do something, it's gonna happen and damn anyone that tries to stop me.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Reventon is offline Senior Member
    Many happy returns

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    A very happy birthday to you!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Happy Birthday, Jenn!

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Happy birthday I'm glad you are here.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Have a very happy birthday!
    Georgette

canio6 Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Happy Birthday!