Page 23 of 282 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 23

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    The website will do overseas, but only if whoever's doing the tracing coughs up the extra however much per month.
    Company Christmas party tonight. Geek was waffling and I finally pushed him to stay home and hang with IT Guy. I could tell he wanted to go as a show of support, but he'd also be uncomfortable and missing a longstanding thing with friends. He was in a catch-22: feel like he was ditching me, or leave IT Guy and the others hanging. I told he wasn't ditching me and to stay home.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Overseas research I have found the overseas stuff on Ancestry is limited and it is hard to verify if the record is actually your ancestor if they have a common name. There are better ways to do overseas Research.

I usually google the country and "genealogy" to get advice on what to do online.

The Mormons have tried to every record that can be found. Go to your local LDS church and they usually have a genealogy library where you can check a database and then order records on film or fiche. It arrives in about 2 weeks.

Also Check out Cyndi's List of Genealogy sites. She has sites listed by country.

Jon is there anything that you want me to check out at Ancestry. I currently have a full world membership.

I ate a fair amount of food at the Christmas party: salad, bacon wrapped shrimp, meatballs in a tomato pepper bisque, two veggie medleys, and yellow cake and brownie balls for dessert (the two I just can't turn down.) The veggie medleys were green beans, carrot, okra, and yellow squash; and white potatoes, yellow potatoes, purple potatoes, pink potatoes, and sweet potatoes, both steamed and roasted. I also had 2 glasses or merlot.
    I took in this tacky little toy cow that shot foam balls for the white elephant gift and walked out with a bottle of honey liqueur Jack Daniels. I consider that a win in and if itself.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Jon is there anything that you want me to check out at Ancestry. I currently have a full world membership.
    I appreciate the offer but all my relatives are overseas. I'll check with my mom at Xmas to see if she knows anything.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

*WARNING: rant involving the CT shooting ahead*
    People are already making this out to be 1) God's will 2) all about guns and 3) all about how those cursed with mental illness are not to ever be trusted.
    I am not religious. I will never understand the "loving god that kills his children" thing, smacks of a caricature of an abusive father. What happened was not about god or religion or any of that. It was not about God or the devil or anyone else guiding his hands or abandoning him. This does not mean we need prayer in schools. If you want prayer in school, go to a damn Catholic school. It shouldn't exist in public schools. This is not a theocracy; get the fuck over yourselves. This is not an indication of how our heathen ways are upsetting god and that we need to inject god back into schools. God, goddess, the gods, fate, whatethehellever had nothing to do with this. It was some sick fuck that made his choice, not god leading his hand.
    This is not about whether or not we need stricter gun laws. Do you think fuckheads like this actually pay attention to the law when it doesn't suit them? Tighten the gun laws and only nutjobs will have guns. Thanks to the internet, anyone can buy anything and have it shipped anywhere, for the right price. This school was probably a gun free place, hey, gee, he didn't listen. What the hell makes you think assholes like this will pay attention to strict gun laws? Guns don't kill people anymore than a quill wrote Shakespeare's sonnets. There was a human force behind it that did the killing.
    This is not an indication that we need to go back to the system of locking up the 'feebleminded." This is not an indication that we should lock up anyone with a mental illness for security sake. Is this an indication that perhaps mental illness should not be so stigmatized and shamed? Hell yes, but that wouldn't have stopped this man. It takes a team to help control mental illness, and the one with the illness has to be willing to be involved.
    The reality is that there was nothing we could have done to prevent this. Security may have helped, but probably not. Mental health resources may have helped, but he refused them. Metal detectors may have caught the gun, but then he would have just opened fire there. You could lock down all schools everywhere, from school begin to school end, with all visitors checking in through one door with pat downs, metal detectors, and a full security detail. The community wouldn't support the tax hike to pay for it and it's too Big Brother for many. It could have been mitigated, but not altogether alleviated.
    I want someone/ something to blame just as much as everyone else that's been following this tragedy. It's hard to put the blame on a dead guy, because you can't kill him again. Unfortunately, there is no clear cut answer. There is no clear cut scapegoat.
    God so help me, if I find out that a group is counterprotesting Westboro at these funeral, I WILL find a way to help fund their counterprotest. No child's death is "God's will for an evil world."
    My Primal Battle Tome

I've noticed that with the higher carb levels come higher incidences of "cheating," as it's easier to justify. I've also noticed my brain becoming cloudier with the lower fat dosage and my body fat creeping up. I think I'm hopping off the high carb train and switching track to my normal train (roughly 1/4 protein, 1/4 carb, and 1/2 fat.) I'm also going to try to coordinate with MIL better about Sunday nights. Usually, if she cooks, there's plenty of food for me to eat. If she just throws a frozen meal in the oven, that's when it's an unavoidable pasta bomb.
    I've also noticed that my exercise levels have gone to nada, which would also explain the weight gain. I think I'll rake and remove dog shit from the yard today and figure out actual exercises for throughout the week this evening so I can remove this flubber at my waist.
    My Primal Battle Tome

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Thank you for that above rant...

My husband and I have been walking around ranting that shit at each other, and NOT ranting it anywhere else, wondering if we are the only two sane and rational people on earth.

Umm, NO people of Facebook, you cannot relate to or understand "why a person would do those things" because he was not mentally stable person. It wasn't a rational decision. You aren't going to "understand".
    It wasn't the guns.
    It wasn't the lack of prayer.
    (BTW, people seriously DON'T understand that law at all.)
    This is not about his possible Asperger's! A human being can have Asperger's AND a mental health issue at the same time FFS.

One of the worst human traits is "othering". And right now it's in full force.
    No one wants to believe that a sort of regular guy can do this.
    A sort of regular guy like themselves but for a bit of circumstance...
    So they proceed to CREATE a monster where there was a human.

This is not how sense is made of the world. It's how we fail at it over and over.
    Last edited by cori93437; 12-16-2012 at 12:15 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I have kept radio silence about those events for all of the above reasons. It's hard for me to process anyway, but listening to people yell all over each other about it is just absurd.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

geostump is offline Senior Member
    When I saw the thing about Westboro protesting the funerals, that was too much. Apparently, they're blaming it all on Carrie Underwood because she's for gay marriage. Seriously folks, that has nada to do with kids being murdered. One of my friends from high school did a what if scenario about the Westboro group saying that IF he had the funds and IF he had the guns and IF he had the time off work, them yes he'd be up there in New York minute to counter protest and take a few out. I told him that IF I had all that, we could take my van up there as that would be the best vehicle to use for it. I know that I am a Christian(apparently not that popular around these parts, but who gives a flying frak) and I do believe that prayer should be allowed in all schools, but not forced on everyone. You can pray to whatever you want to. I don't think the world would be any worse off if there were more prayer done. I am however not one of those Christians that believes this is God's will. Those people are the nut jobs.

I heard on a local talk radio station that the shooter had Asperger's. I pray to God that people don't start lumping all with Asperger's as lunatic nut jobs who will go on killing sprees like this guy did. I feel for the shooter's surviving family as they will have to deal with all crap and fallout over this. I hope to never have to be in a situation as the victim's families or the shooters family will be going through right now.

NK, with you upping your fat intake to half your daily intake, how do you plan on going about doing that? I'm needing some help with figuring that out myself. I'm going to work on increasing fat in the New Year. I just want to get prepped for it now.
    Georgette

Quite frankly, I'm still ironing that out. I may make a few batches of herb/ garlic butter and oils to put on my meats and veggies, as well as putting a larger amount of oil heavy vinaigrette on my salad. For days like spag and fajitas, I really don't know. I may just hafta come up with a fat bomb i like. I don't care for coconut, but maybe a strawberry butterbomb of sorts, like a truffle.
    My Primal Battle Tome