Page 22 of 277 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 22

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Was reminded last night why beer is only a rare treat. I puffed up like a parade balloon and made more noise that Lindbergh's plane.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I really don't want to go in today. This cold is just irritating enough to make me want to stay home and baby it, nut not bad enough I can. Also, even if the apocalypse came down, I'd still try to make it in, because I FINALLY will be able to get Namesake (big boss, one of the one's that started the company that still bears his name) nailed down and get him to answer questions about several projects. TRying to catch him in office and not with a client is like nailing Jell-o to a tree.
    I also think not wanting to go in has to do with being in school for so damn long. Where's my Christmas break!? Y'know, besides next Saturday through the Tuesday after Christmas.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    So I take it that the queso yesterday didn't kill you dead?

Apparently I get all of the Christmas present you brought to myself. Hubby has no issue with soup or gravy, but for some strange reason, broth creeps him out.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I miss Christmas breaks. College breaks were the BEST. In public school (K-12 for me), summer break was mid/late-June (depending on snow days) till first Thursday after Labor Day. In college, summer break was early May through late August/early September. Winter breaks were 3-4 weeks long, depending on how the holidays worked out. Most of our professors would cancel class Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning before the school closed for Thanksgiving break. Such luxurious times.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Twibble- It's a chicken bone broth. I've not drank it straight yet, but it's awesome in soup and curry. Beware, I added little to no salt to it.
    NW- I remember those days, but I had the opposite profs. I always had the ones that would have a test/ presentation/ paper due the class day before Thanksgiving.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I guess arts and English profs are pretty lenient in that regard, then
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Yep, I'm in the opposite camp also - I always had the profs who did something to make sure we were in class and even kept us late. Why such weirdness? Wish I knew.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Mine always claimed it was so we wouldn't forget stuff over break, but I think it's because they were assholes.
    Pebbles was kind enough to trace back the hazy part of my Mom's father's family tree. My great great grandmother appears to have been one of the original single moms living at home and shacking up. Nice to know where that trend started in our family. She gets married/ shacks up with at least 2 different men, according to the censuses (censi?)
    My great grandmother also had at least 3 different name changes, including getting married.
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Does this website work for overseas or only the US? This website being the genealogy one.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

geostump is offline Senior Member
    My great grandmother was an originator. In the early 1900's, she divorced her first husband then remarried another man here in the states.
    Georgette