Page 219 of 283 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 2825

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 219

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh for fuck's sake. I gave the kids one of the easiest finals I could. With 8 (out of 25) exceptions, the questions were meant to be a gimmes or stuff they learned in middle school (scientific notation, unit conversion, etc.) I let them use their notes and the final review I gave. I'm still having to give a square root curve to get the average to passing, and there's one class still bombing after the square root curve. They knew they were having half of their final Friday. I don't know what else I could have done, short of giving them the answers, and I did that with a few of them in the final review (definitions.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I managed to survive class party day without eating or drinking a single thing (besides black coffee.) The only thing I was tempted by were homemade cupcakes and pumpkin empanadas. I did it though. No painful food.
    Speaking of black coffee, I believe it is causing me pain via sulphites. Dammit! Another culprit.
    Al- Anon tonight had some lightbulb moments, including some I had been running from for a while.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    You passed up pumpkin empanadas? I'm impressed. Glad to know you survived. Any big plans for the students come the next semester?

Marble roller coaster, maybe a Leyden jar or Baghdad battery mock up, maybe a Van De Graff generator if I can get my hands on one and I'm allowed to use it, motor, momentum collisions with roller chairs, model house with simple electric circuits, basic Ohm's Law labs if I can get the materials, and a few computer based labs. In addition to actually learning the material and testing over it.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 12-18-2013 at 08:45 PM.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Class parties are mine fields.

Thankfully, almost everything they brought came in a jar, bag, or some other form of "watch out, I'm processed and contain pain" packaging, so most of it I didn't even process as food. Some of it that I used to love struck me as mildly disgusting, along the lines of "How the hell did they make it THAT color?" or "acidic faux sugar water, tasty."
    My Primal Battle Tome

I'm about ready to kill my third period. It's like they took every little jackass in the school and threw them into one classroom, let them run wild for most of a semester, then handed them to the newest teacher they could get their hands on. My other periods can be a handful but generally nothing more than them being kids locked up inside and forced to pay attention to stuff they don't care about. Third is a bunch of assholes. I damn near backhanded this one kid who thought it would be funny to mock me. I should have given him a referral, but seeing as how they're trying to do an admin withdraw for lack of attendance on him, I just don't care. He'll be out of my classroom soon enough. SUPPOSEDLY, there's one more teacher coming in that will take my place at that HS in January or February. I'll celebrate that day, if it arrives. Yes, there are kids I'll be sad to leave, especially my first period, but I was told I'd be only at the other campus anyways.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Today has not gone well. Woke up with a sinus headache and sinusitis. Had to babysit 3 anxious periods of kids already mentally on vacation and try to get them to take their finals. Ended up yelling at some of them for otherwise minor infractions because of pain, so I feel bad about that. Ate something that pissed off my allergy at lunch, so that just added to the misery. Came home and found out that Niece's new puppy had died. Spent the next 5 hours (6-7 by the time they leave) comforting her and her mother, and using my empathic skills for good. I managed to suck a fair amount of pain out of them, but now I'm physically and emotionally exhausted from channeling it and trying to help them. Add to that, my hip joint is killing me when I move or use it. Dinner added even more poison (Niece picked the restaurant, I got the safest option) and started the migraine avalanche.
    Silver lining: My vacation started as of 1610, so that's good. I got my Christmas package mailed off to Dallas. The decongestant and chest degunker seems to have rid me of the sinusitis. Nyquil should wipe out the rest of it.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sickness resolved, back to being well.
    Went malling with SIL and Niece today and was reminded of how much I despise your common human animal, especially during what should be a festive season. The people preaching about giving to the needy and peace are the same ones that are pushing, shoving and in generally being rude or oblivious at the store. I can understand if you walk slowly, especially if you have younglings or are otherwise incapacitated. That does NOT give you the right for you and your whole clan to take up the entire pathway and block folks off. Some of us want to walk faster than 0.5 mph, leave some room. I can understand being in a hurry, I was too. That does NOT give you the right to push and shove and act like a greedy, untrained toddler. You can wait and be calm, if impatient, like the rest of us, and not an egotistical, entitled dick.
    Or the one giving the poor saleslady an earful about how "it's Merry Christmas, not Happy Holidays." Before I could get over there and defend the poor woman, she smiled and said "Now that I know what you believe, yes, Merry Christmas. I didn't want to offend a non Christian." As soon as she said that, the young Muslim woman with the hijab turned to the so-called Christian and said "Maybe if you would act in the way Jesus taught, people wouldn't mistake you for a heathen."
    My Primal Battle Tome

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    omg that is priceless! Great comeback. And I agree with your sentiments. I avoid the mall like the plague this time of year.

Merry Christmas to you & Geek, naiad!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!