Page 21 of 283 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 21

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Rice hasn't given me any issues yet, but they did suture my gum, so that may be why I don't have to do the syringe routine.
    After my stint in government, I swore up down and sideways that ANY insurance had to be better than that. TxDOT's wasn't bad, but the City was on TML, and that just outright SUCKED. Unless you went to their chintzy ass clinic, they would fight you tooth and claw on paying for ANYTHING outside the dr. visit. What's that? You broke your toe and had to go the ER? That's nice, you shoulda gone to the clinic (that wasn't open on weekends and was half an hour away). Pay for it all yourself. Oh, your doc ordered a series of MRIs? Too bad, you shoulda gone to the clinic and had them misdiagnose you with pneumonia (true story, that was their favorite diagnosis.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Canio, as a government employee, I feel your dental insurance pain. I had a filling done recently and had to pay 100% of the charges for it b/c it wasn't preventive care. I tried to argue with the insurance rep that it IS preventive care b/c a filling prevents a root canal, but they didn't see my logic... now I just hope and pray for no fillings. Cleanings are covered 100%, which is nice. I have FEPBlue Basic, if you're curious.
    Thanks I will look into it. Though, I should have started preventative care years ago. At this point most if not all would be out of pocket. It is one reason I do not bother with the gov't dental. That said, it is never too late to start. Hmm...though I guess it is since I just missed open season

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Too bad, you shoulda gone to the clinic and had them misdiagnose you with pneumonia (true story, that was their favorite diagnosis.)
    Sounds like the Army...

headache? 800mg motrin
    backache? 800mg motrin and flexeril
    shrapnel? 800mg motrin
    GSW? 800mg motrin
    broken limb (upper body)? 800mg motrin and quarters (half day)
    broken limb (lower body)? 800mg motrin and walk it off.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    In college, the school's clinic was good for strep throat and STD testing. That's about it.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Sounds like the Army...

headache? 800mg motrin
    shrapnel? 800mg motrin
    GSW? 800mg motrin
    Ahhh... the amazing powers of the 800mg Motrin.
    Take 2!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

In college, the Quack Shack was good for STD testing and the flu. If you went in for anything else, you walked out with a diagnosis for the flu or an ACE bandage.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like the Army...

headache? 800mg motrin
    shrapnel? 800mg motrin
    GSW? 800mg motrin
    Ahhh, vitamin M...

Aren't you a veteran? Did you retire? If you did, you should be qualified to receive tricare. As a tricare member, you'd qualify for United Concordia dental which is pretty dang good, in my opinion.

The FEPBlue Basic allows me to see any doctor I want, without a referral, as long as they participate in the PPO. As luck would have it, my doctor in a covered doc... But I've not had any issues with them. I even saw a psychiatrist with no issues.

The dental does suck though - like I said, covers only preventive care.

Lucky for me, family coverage through my husband's policy was no different cost-wise if he included just the kids or me and the kids, so I'm on his insurance too, which helps keep the doc bills down, but not down enough that we're free of doctor bills... Just relatively free of doctor bills for me - partly b/c of the insurance, and partly b/c I rarely go to the doctor anymore since quitting antidepressants. I think the only reason I've seen a doctor since starting primal was for a well-woman check - there again, preventive care, 100% covered by my FEPBlue policy.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Had quail, sweet potato fries, two Guinness, and fried okra for dinner at a local bar for the ASCE social dinner. Only broke my low end caloric intake by 40 calories, even with the beer. 1765 cal, 87g fat, 84g protein, 117g carbs, and 27g alcohol.
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Ahhh, vitamin M...

Aren't you a veteran? Did you retire? If you did, you should be qualified to receive tricare. As a tricare member, you'd qualify for United Concordia dental which is pretty dang good, in my opinion.

I didn't retire. I do go to the VA for my service connected issues and the gov't health insurance is not bad at all. The dental though, as you mention, leaves much to be desired. Luckily I live a stone's throw from Mexico.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sounds like the Army...

headache? 800mg motrin
    shrapnel? 800mg motrin
    GSW? 800mg motrin
    Glad to see the Army and the Navy agree on something...... Vitamin M usage! lol