Page 209 of 272 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2715

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 209

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks for the compliments, y'all! It's strange to hear people tell me I'm smart for wanting to teach physics or math. It's one of those things that came fairly naturally to me. (I won't lie, geometry and I had some major arguments, but that's because I pretty much had to teach it to myself.)
    Kasumi has a sterilite tote to sleep in. It has a blanket in it year round, and we toss another one in there during the winter for her to curl up under. It's on the back porch, between a wooden box and the patio bench, so she's sheltered from the wind. She doesn't need a harness, but I'd prefer if she did wear one. I think I'll settle for eventually getting her another reflective collar. If she were full lab, I'd feel a lot more comfortable leaving her out in the cold, but I'm not sure whether a Jack Russel terrier is built for cold (I don't think they are.) Since we're reasonably certain she's half and half, we're watching to see which traits of which see has.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Ok, so in the hiring process/ certification process I've:
    -pissed in a cup
    -filled out paperwork
    -sent off transcript requests
    -filled out more paperwork
    -and can't figure out if I need to study my ass off for this test or not. (Depending on how they count my physics based engineering classes like solids, dynamics, fluids, structural analysis, etc., I may not need to take it.)
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    *crossing my fingers you get to watch Harry Wong videos*

hmm...which just doesn't sound right now I have typed it out.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

THey have 'em on Youtube. I'll probably watch them as part of the internship.
    In other news, today's meal is t- bone, salad, and sweet potato hash. The hash was a sweet potato, cranberries, pecans, honey, and butter. It's really tasty.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I'm reviewing for the test and a thought occurred to me: when I do start teaching, I'll be teaching a class I never took. Yes, you read that right. I never took generic high school physics. I leaped straight to college physics (AP Physics B.) I took high school biology and decided I never wanted to see it again, and I took high school chemistry and loved it so much I went with college physics in HS (AP Chemistry.) I would have taken organic and gotten a minor in college if I had the money and time. I SHOULD have minored in physics, but I opted for my civil related electives. Kinda kicking myself for that now...
    At any rate, regular high school courses are MUCH easier than I thought they'd be. Like, "I learned this in 8th grade" easy. It's really more reminder than anything.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Three positive things learned from this morning's eggsplosion:
    1) You can't just stick veggies, a bit of cream cheese and an egg in a ramekin and nuke it. Mix that shit up some.
    2) You can crack an egg on top of said mess, and nuke it that way, and it's really tasty.
    3) my microwave is clean now.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    My dad once put an uncracked egg in the microwave to try and "hard boil" it.

My mom used to crack an egg into a teacup & cover it with a little saucer. I don't remember how long she nuked it, but it cooked the egg just fine. The saucer will pop up to let out the pressure as it needs to. It smelled godawful, as I recall, but my brother ate a lot of eggs this way when he was little. Maybe the trick is just putting a little saucer over it?

How To Poach an Egg in the Microwave | The Kitchn
    I don't know why they use vinegar.

Spoonful of Lemons: (Sort of) Baked Eggs
    Here, they just used a paper towel.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I think the error was actually in the cream cheese brick and not mixing it with the spinach before putting an egg on it.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Rather proud of tonight's dinner: cinnamon cayenne pork chops with mango apple cranberry chutney and white rice. I think I'll make more of the chutney as Christmas gifts; it's that freaking good.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Okay, NK: now we NEED the recipe for mango apple cranberry chutney.

Come to think of it, we need the recipe for the pork chops, too.

How dare you post yummy foods without posting the recipe?