Page 204 of 283 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2828

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 204

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Damn, it's a fake. A really good, heavy leather, sturdy fake. I think I found my new work purse!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

There were posts this evening. THe second one was very painful and very cathartic. Admitting that not only did I believe in the Great Divine, but I was willing to accept that help is a hard leap (again.)
    I can't say I'm a happy person when I get booze in me. I am, in a small window. Outside of that window, I'm either normal Naiad ( not your most optimistic person) or someone sobbing about the past AGAIN. I would say it's fair I sob about the past because "woe is me, my past was hard," but it's really not. The past is passed. It can't come to the present and beat me again unless I let it. Yes, I grew up in one of the toughest neighborhoods in the country. Yes, I grew up in a less than ideal home. But I have help. And I can beat this. Because it's passed. So no crying into my whiskey.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Slept most of today, felt sick. Of course, the parents of the little girl I'm tutoring have the flu, and didn't see fit to tell me until I showed up. Mostly fatigue and congestion, seems to be clearing now.
    Little Girl showed me my first real measure of success: she chose some books at the library she WANTED to read. Matter of fact, when I tried to set a cap of 3 books, she begged for 4. Of course, I gave in for the 4th book. Oh, damn, kid wants to read, woe is me.
    Didn't eat much today. Haven't been hungry, really. Probably part of being sickish.
    Geek goes out of town this week, so I can make some dinners he doesn't care for, like seafood and such.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Slept most of today because I didn't sleep much at all last night, thanks to Geek's early flight out.
    I've had minestrone (no beans or pasta, with bells and extra greens) going low and slow most of the day, about to cook up chivken to add to it, once the chicken finished thawing.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Well, that "interview" was a bust. Stupid headhunter firm can't even keep to the schedule they set or read my file to figure out I'm not applying for a secretary position. Full story here. Edited copy and paste below.
    "I just went to what was supposed to be an interview with a headhunter at a personnel firm for an engineering job. They had me fill out the personnel paperwork, which I thought odd, but figured it was SOP. While she was explaining the paperwork, the woman mistook me for a secretary. I corrected her and she went on explaining everything. As I was filling out the paperwork, and was halfway done, the lady came back in and said "Oh, you don't hafta fill that out. Just come back tomorrow for an interview with your resume." When I told her that was what I was told today would be, she vanished to talk to somebody and came back and said "just come back tomorrow.[...] I walked out."
    I'm not even sure I'll go back tomorrow because I'm not even sure I want to work with someone like that, even as a headhunter.
    Sitting in Starbucks with a heavy cream espresso drink, trying to relax.
    Still no word from ECISD, either.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Up early to prep for the headhunter interview. Getting coffee, because interviews on 4 hours of sleep suck. Gods help me I don't bitch slap anyone today.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I think it may be time to abandon my MDA journal. I've found a diet that works for me, no more tweaking required, and I have somewhere else I'm getting things out of my head. I'm really not talking much in this thing anyways. I'll still be around, but mostly on other people's journals.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I think it may be time to abandon my MDA journal. I've found a diet that works for me, no more tweaking required, and I have somewhere else I'm getting things out of my head. I'm really not talking much in this thing anyways. I'll still be around, but mostly on other people's journals.
    Glad to hear you've found something diet wise that works for you. Now that we are out of the bankruptcy officially, I can start focusing on that for me. Keep us posted on the job search!
    Georgette

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Noooooooo!

Okay, if you must, but update us in other journals.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I guess a better question:
    I have no use for this thing anymore; however, it may be beneficial for someone else to read what's going on in my life. If it would help someone else, I'll keep updating in here.
    Would it be beneficial to YOU for me to keep this up, even some of the headspace stuff?
    My Primal Battle Tome