Page 203 of 277 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2768

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 203

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yikes! On Halloween. Good Luck!

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Yup...good luck! Sending out good vibrations to the universe! (Oh man...now I have a beach boys song running thru my head! You're probably too young to know what I'm taking about!).
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Goooood viiibrashuns.... (Gimme some credit here, PC!)
    Today's gonna be hopping. Interview, then the jack o lantern, then getting into costume, then dinner (lunchmeat and veg roll ups), then trick or treaters and IT Guy and family. And somewhere in there I need to make a couple of blog posts!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    lol ok ok! I'm glad you knew what I was talking about!! Some things just stand the test of time! Good music is certainly one!!

Happy Halloween!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Another Halloween come and gone. Another sugar rush and inflammation to go with it. I behaved fairly well. 6 lollipops and 2 mini Hershey's bars, that's the only candy I had. A grand total of 224 cal and 44g carbs.
    I finally found the time to do my Al- Anon posts.
    The interview went spectacularly well. I'm one of two finalists, and it's conceivable we could both get the position. They're also talking about bumping the position up even higher than they did in the first interview. I should have an answer by middle of next week.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Excellent!

Your costume was awesome.

Paula- I'm looking at taking a teaching certification course. I've seen the fees and such. Any idea on what I should expect in terms of course load and content?
    My Primal Battle Tome

Well, Texas is as tough on curriculum as NY so you can expect a lot of course work. Now with Race to the Top and Common Core, who knows?

You would make an awesome teacher.

Are you looking at a Master's program or something else?
    I did my Master of Arts in teaching in 14 months full time.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Good luck with the job! Hope you get it.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

What I'm looking at is a self paced alternative certification for math/ physical science. It would only take as long I take. The job I'm thinking I'll get is a position as a physics teacher at the HS that's within walking distance, so I'm looking to get my certification.
    I think I may have unearthed the deal of the century, if not millennium. I picked up what appears to be an authetic Herme`s Birkin bag (all my research seems to agree that it's the real deal), for $6 at Goodwill. The clasp is broken, but easily repaired with epoxy, and the plate is scratched up, but easily polished away with jewelry cleaner. It's in excellent condition, aside from some wear at one corner. I think I just picked up the ultimate in a purse (for me) for 0.012% of it's original price!
    My Primal Battle Tome