Page 202 of 272 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 2711

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 202

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I now have confirmation that most of the weight loss I've had over the past few weeks has been inflammation from years of eating what I'm allergic to. I ate something I love that I knew I shouldn't (catfish, cheese, avocado, oysters.) I gained 3 lb overnight, even taking my anti- sulfite pills and emergency inhaler.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Didn't sleep well last night. Probably in large part due to dinner at the in laws being higher in sulfites and worries over a friend.
    Said friend was an utter dick on Saturday. An elitist dick. He kept trying to act like he was the only person worthy of running a dungeon because he'd done that one. (Well, that was why we were trying to go through them together, was to learn.) On top of that, right as our 5th signed off for the night, the dick decided he didn't want to play with the people he was sitting no more than 30 feet from and instead went incommunique to play with his guild, effectively saying "I'll use your bandwidth and computer, but given another option, I'll play with someone else that i think is better." That is a bullshit move. You come to hang out with people, you don't ditch them to play with someone else and stay in their damn home. Excuse yourself. Tell your guildie not tonight. It felt like a fucking backstab. I don't make friends easily or keep them well, so when one pretty much tells me he doesn't want to be my friend anymore via his actions, it fucking hurts. I plan on trying to talk to him about it, and get him to see why it hurt the rest of us. If he can't or won't see that ditching the people you came to play with for "better" friends is bullshit, he can take a long walk off a short pier.
    Which leads me around to another point: I need to make more friends. I need to figure out how not to push away the ones I do get with subconscious acid tests. With as few friends I could make around here (most of the local populace is too stupid/ not geeky enough/ has way too much drama/ has way too much religion), I need to keep the ones I do get, which are few and far between.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    That's too bad about the friend's behavior. Maybe he was just having a bad night and did not communicate that you the rest of you effectively. It sounds like the kind of childish behavior that I see in some of my friends.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, total dick move. Not correct gaming ettiquette at all. Hopefully it was just a bad night not a sign on dicketry to come.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

I'm hoping it was just a one off. With his history, though, I can't be sure. Geek's all for excommunicating him from the group, but is willing to give him another shot if he just didn't realize what a dick move it was.
    As for Al-Anon, I have several new posts up. I'm also seeing ACOA (Adult Children of Alcoholics) symptoms and unhealthy responses in others around me, including the one that was a dick. I'm slowly inching away from my unhealthy responses to healthier, better ones, but sudden or harsh moves still cause me to initially want that unhealthy response that's so familiar. Confronting others, especially those larger than me (i.e. most adults), is still a problem.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Last night was pulled pork with an adaptation of this barbecue sauce and corn tortillas. (yes, I said corn. I have no issues with it, so eating it maybe a couple times a week won't kill me.) Guys, this is the only barbecue sauce I've ever liked. Most are too sweet or guaranteed to cause problems (or both.) I adapted it by cutting the vinegar and honey to a teaspoon each, as opposed to a tablespoon and 1/4c respectively. I also used homemade beef broth and the chili powder my father makes.
    I also sparkle shined the kitchen. Today is the living rooms, entry way, and front yard. Then, sausages (I found another set that purport to be Naiad safe, but we'll see) and tutoring.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    You just reminded me that I have beef bones with which to make broth/stock. I should get that going tonight.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Today's Al- Anon posts.
    Yard and sidewalks are now ready for trick or treaters. We need to move the solar lights to the edge of the driveway, but everything else is good. I still need to finish my skirt.
    On to the living area!
    My Primal Battle Tome

Well, I got A living room cleanish. Never did touch that skirt.
    The brand of sausage I ate last night didn't seem to affect me. The "and/ or canola oil" in the chips caused inflammation like I thought it would (shoulder was bugging me yesterday evening.)
    I haven't felt as talkative, or the need to fill dead space with words and yammering. I'm good with silence (to an extent) now. I guess that's why I haven't been saying much here. That and the Al- Anon blog. (Hey, look, a new post!)
    My Primal Battle Tome

Go the skirt done last night. Halloween pics to come.
    I made an orange vinaigrette last night, with cider vinegar. My body doesn't like that one either. It's not as bad as other vinegars, but my shoulder's talking today.
    I also found out that HEB stopped carrying the coconut milk ice cream they once had, or any dairy free ice cream, last night. If they had had any REAL ice cream (as in cream, not milk, and sugar, not corn products,) I might've been able to have that. Not sure, though. Cream and cream products are still iffy. I wound up with pecan crackers (kinda cardboardy), cream cheese, and safe jam. Apparently, if I want junk food, I hafta MAKE said junk food, which is the polar opposite of what I want in junk food.
    I've started using a pretty set list of things to watch for with the sulfite allergy:
    -wine/ vinegar
    -chocolate
    -molasses
    - anything ending in "-ose," with the exception of sucrose
    - modified corn anything (corn starch, corn syrup, maltodextrin....)
    -any preservative
    -BHT/ BHA
    -wheat/ gluten
    -dairy (possible exception of cream)
    -food coloring
    -artificial colors
    -seafood (shell on shellfish seems ok)
    As you can see, junk food is nearly impossible.

The interview yesterday went well. So well, they're actually running it up the chain to see if I can be brought in at a higher position within the same part of the organization.
    (interlude)
    GAH! They want a second interview today at 3! Shit. I need to run and get a second suit or something.
    My Primal Battle Tome