Page 2 of 283 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 2

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    YAY! 4 things done and one waiting for more information. That includes 2 big ones and 2 that included research to make it work.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Safely in the hotel. Had Chili's for dinner: shrimp tacos in corn tortillas, tortilla chips, jalapeno cheddar potatos (the cause of my rather vocal ass tonight), and tortilla chips with salsa. As much as I love my folks, 5-6 hrs in the car is a long drive.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Happy Thanksgiving!!!
    Georgette

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Happy Thanksgiving to all. I'm thankful to be able to tell DH to calm his rather vocal ass down. Even he burst out laughing at that.
    Also, real grateful to my primal lifestyle/willpower to pass by a lot of horribly unhealthy food today and not feel a smidge of deprivation.

Thanksgiving was awesome. Yes, I ate the rolls and mashed taters and mac/ cheese. I also got Fourbucked 3 times between yesterday and today and had pasta/ pizza as my only meal today. Don't care.
    (I do care that Campisi's started using cottonseed oil in their garlic bread and crust, though. Grr.)
    I enjoyed meeting Sabine and her clan, too. The pies were delicious, as promised. I really didn't want to leave when it was time. She welcomed my sister and I like family and we yammered the whole time. Photos were taken, and I may get copies eventually. None for the forum, though, as she likes her anonymity.
    My grandfather is starting to show his age. Paca sideswiped a parked car Wednesday at the church and that and the resulting hospital visit (to check him out) shocked him. So did being called elderly for the first time in his life (he's 81 years young.) Being called elderly took more out of him than the accident, but it's his second accident this year. I think his age is finally catching up to him. Of all my grandparents, he'll be the one I miss most when he's gone. I really can't imagine holidays without him.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Back home. If it weren't for wanting to punt Froot Loop over the fence because she WON'T SHUT UP! it'd feel even better. Goddammed mutt. She's getting fixed this week. Maybe between being tethered while we were gone and going in for major surgery next week, she'll THINK before she jumps through an intact screen.
    I ate crap I'm not proud of. My brain and mood reflect that. I'm anxious, irritable, bordering on depressed, and my ADHD is in high gear.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Hey, Naiadknight. It was good to meet you in person. Although kind of weird. I felt like I was on a blind date, almost, trying to make a good impression. So funny. What did I think you were going to do: throw something at me? Thanks so much for driving out here.

I am slowly coming off my pie high.

Operative word: slowly.

I was kinda in that mode, Sabine. (Note to self, pronounce 'e,' dammit.) I was also trying to keep my actions and wording stranger friendly, which is more difficult for me than most realize. Keeping my wording kid friendly isn't as much an issue, but making sure I keep odd references, less than PC wisecracks, and some of the engineer/ primal jargon out of my speech gets difficult.
    I still had a blast, and am still trying to work out how to semi primalize that bruise pie of your (blackberry blueberry pie.)
    I dosed up with Nyquil, naproxen, and gas tabs last night. Aside from still being a little dopey, I feel a LOT better. My belly has also lost most of the Thanksgiving bloat. My brain has shifted away from Dallas mode (damage control and survival) back to a more comfortable place. There is still one more day of crappy eating (Sunday at the in laws) but hopefully I can at least avoid everything but corn, sugar, and crappy oils.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Bruise pie

It has cocoa in it, and tapioca, but both of those can be primal, right?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If I had stopped at the beef stew, the damage wouldn't have been bad. But they also had sweet potato pie, bread pudding, stuffing balls, and cranberry sauce.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Page 2 of 283 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast