Page 199 of 278 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2774

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 199

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yikes!
    I just talked to what I believe was the secretary at the place I interviewed a couple weeks ago. They haven't notified prospective employees yet. It's back on the list of ones I'm hoping for. Supposedly, she'll have them call me tomorrow and let me know where they are in the process.
    The headhunter firm wants me to draft (heh) up a draftsman oriented resume and send it in. It's already written, I just need to find that business card she handed me. She seems to think she can get me a drafting position that pays as much as some of my engineering positions.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Another Al- Anon post, based on my conversation with Mentor. Definite trigger warning.
    Step 1, part 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Just wanted to let you know I've been reading & I'm really amazed at how you are tackling this. It's very inspiring.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    ^ what she said!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I'm not reading- it is too intense for me- but I salute you for working through all this stuff.

Awww... Thanks you guys! I think the hardest thing is opening myself up to actually feel the emotions without worrying what the "proper" response is.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Another Al- Anon post. Mentor gave me the Al- Anon workbook.
    Today was primal. Went for groceries. Had grilled chicken salads for dinner and discovered I don't care for Annie's Green Garlic dressing. I can taste the bad oil they use, and it had an aftertaste I didn't care for. Also, it triggered an asthma attack.
    Went and tutored Kid, came to an agreement on payment with the parents.
    Applied for a job I don't expect to get with the Texas Railroad Commission. Shot in the dark, but still a shot. It's also an application for any state job.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I have been reading your al-anon posts. That is some hard work. I know from personal experience.

Thanks, Paula. I want to get through this; I want to get that monkey off my back. Mentor's telling me it'll probably take close to 3-4 months, and I'm having trouble trying not to rush it and give the "correct", but wrong, answers.
    I think I might be getting sick. That, or cedar pollen is in the air. (Google fu reveals that weed pollen counts are off the charts. No wonder I'm having problems.) I woke up with so much snot in my system that I felt like I was gonna yark. A couple of dry heaves, a ginormous belch, and a giant glob of gunk later, and the feeling passed. One cold tile floor later, and I was fine to go back to bed.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I finally declared a meeting time for my first Al- Anon meeting this time around: Friday at 10 PM. It's a candlelight one, which should make it easier, since I won't be able to look people in the eye.
    I'm writing my next Al- Anon post, and stalling/ procrastinating with the next question.
    My Primal Battle Tome