Page 196 of 283 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 2828

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 196

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Any news from the interviewer from last week?

BTW, I'm sort of a hugger too... sometimes it's awkward, so we'd probably meet well.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Nothing yet.Technically, they said they'd have their decision some time this week, so they have until Friday. Then again, when they called for the interview, it was at 1655 the day before the interview, so I may not hear one way or the other until late Friday.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Just went through an Inbrase ceremony (term borrowed from one of my favorite books.)This involved acknowledging that I believe in the Great Divine and then allowing myself to trust in the Divine to help me. It was a solo ceremony, but it was of great import in my life.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

My head's been in a funny place since last night. Time for a brain dump.
    Last night, something kept nudging me to take another look at the Al Anon book Mentor had given me several years ago. The one I've debated on giving away without reading several times in the past years, because Al Anon and it's siter orgs required a Higher Power, and boy, did I have an axe to grind there. I read part of it, and heard myself in the stories. Some of them had very little bearing on my childhood, but the phrases were ones I'd said or heard in my head.
    The one that really rang true was the one where a survivor mentioned having a grudge against God, but opening up to another aspect. I still have a grudge and an axe to grind against the Judeochristian God and his aspects. I don't know that that will ever go away. Too much of the bad in my childhood happened while I believed in the Holy Trinity. I remembered that I never really went completely atheist or agnostic. I've always believed there is something out there. Some Holy Divinity making sure I survive and trying to help me thrive. Until now, the 'Verse and I have danced a careful dance, very akin to two people trying to lead in a waltz. We stepped on toes, we spun apart in the wrong drections, I fell. As of last night, I quit trying to lead the waltz, because I realized we were dancing the salsa. I can't say I've felt peace or serenity, but I have felt calm. I've felt happy. I've laughed and giggled in ways that it used to take people hours of work to hear.
    I know some of y'all are surprised to hear me mention Al Anon. My father was/ is a drunk (his words, "because alcoholics go to meetings"), my mother is the daughter of a man who killed himself with alcohol and a long lineage of people who have done so. As a child I learned to sense the emotion in a room without even walking in, because of the alcohol and Mom's depression. Happy Dad was sober or beer and wine. Certain beers and hard liquor and you stayed on the opposite side of the house and prayed that he didn't find anything wrong. I'm not in a head space to explore what was wrong with Mom, but there was a lot of guilt and martyrdom. Mentor picked up on some of that, partially from what I told her, partially from her own past and her own radar. She persuaded me to go to an Al- Anon meeting, saying that it could stand in place of a COA (children of abuse) chapter. I eventually dropped the meetings. Too much God. I wasn't ready for that yet.
    Mentor has volunteered to be my Al Anon Sponsor. I've already accepted. I'm scared to go through the hell of healing, but having her there, instead of someone new, I think I can do it.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I have a friend with similar relationships with her parents & alcohol etc. She has gone to Al Anon and found it very helpful. I hope it is healing for you.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

I'm thinking it will be. I just need to be open to change and nudges.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I also have discovered an interesting side effect of cutting sulphites: my neck hasn't been hurting or even twinging. At all. Between that and the lack of other inflammation markers (unexplained weight fluctuations, pain, digestive issues, headache, etc), I think sulphites were my major inflammation causer.
    Cheese is definitely not my friend, the Alfredo sauce proved. Now that I know that, the belly puff and sore throat can go away.
    Cleaned the main bathroom, top to bottom (well, not mopped or swept. Niece wants chore money so she offered to sweep/ mop/ vacuum the whole house tomorrow.) I even organized the cabinets and wiped down the walls.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Well, this is the day. If I don't hear from the place I interviewed at by the end of the day, I'm writing them off.
    Today is cleaning the living areas top to bottom, including baseboards, molding, fire place and built-in.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Great Job working on positive change. I am proud of you for keeping up with the Flylady stuff.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Great Job working on positive change. I am proud of you for keeping up with the Flylady stuff.
    This!

Feel free to come to MA anytime. My apartment has slacked this week. I had plenty of time to clean while Hulky was out of commission, but I decided to feel lonely and watch TV instead.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.