Page 194 of 249 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2483

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 194

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Well, there's also a pool of 6-8 applicants, based on the stack of resumes, and they need 6 teachers. I'd say the odds are on my side.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Back to some of the soul searching and deep conversations with myself.
    "You must love yourself before you can truly love others."
    I find that untrue. I can love others easily enough, once they're close enough. Loving myself and allowing myself to be loved without embarrassment or fear is... difficult. It leads to the self sabotage and relationship sabotage I've experienced before. I've managed to learn to not sabotage relationships (mostly.) Not sabotaging myself is nearly impossible. I think mostly because I have trouble putting myself first. I surround myself with strong people who know how to put themselves first to make sure I take care of myself, because I don't hafta take care of them.
    I'm finding all of these character flaws and I try not to get down on myself. I keep hearing Mentor, "You're carry rocks that aren't yours. You were handed them as a child and you haven't put them down yet." I think I can put them down, once I've examined them.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I think you can love others before yourself, but loving yourself helps lead to more fulfilling and trusting relationships. Or it can, anyway.

That's a good metaphor with the rocks. Learning how to let go is not easy. I find that examination helps too. Find the root of things and prune the tree, transplant it, or dig it up and let it die.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Took care of the yard and tutored the kid. Tonight is potluck Game Night, with spag and whatever folks bring. I have a feeling all I'll be eating is zuke and sauce, oh well. We're lucky enough they agreed to going potluck on Saturdays, I'm not going to try and explain what all I can and can't eat unless asked.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I forgot to mention I've been checking my weight fairly often, both before and after being canned. I think I confirmed a suspicion I've had for quite some time. It is partially CICO for me to lose weight, but mostly my allergy prohibits me from losing weight. I eat right and I can steadily either maintain at roughly 5-7 lb lower than my previous usual setpoint or steadily lose if I eat less than I expend. I eat something that interacts with the allergy and my weight goes up by 7-10 lb.
    I'm slowly working out what I can and can't eat. No dairy (butter seems ok), no store bought wheat products, no extreme amount of garlic/ onion (above and beyond our usual 1/4 head/day/ person), no vinegar or wine, and nothing canned or most dried fruit, no molasses, no sundried tomatoes. Rice seems to cause no issues. Corn shouldn't, but processed corn products will, including cornmeal, masa, cornstarch, and corn syrup. No potatoes unless I can see the potato sack or potatoes. Most sauces are verboten, unless homemade. Some seafood is ok, Krab is evil and must be purged with flames.
    Sounds difficult, but for the most part I can make it work. Going out to eat presents challenges, but I can do it.
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    but I can do it.
    if anyone can it is you. Keep kicking ass.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Slept remarkably well, given that the guys didn't go hone until 0430 this morning and then Geek decided he NEEDED to show me one of his GW2 toon builds until 5 AM. Haven't looked outside, but my ears are telling me it's a curl up and art kind of day with thunder and misting rain.
    Lunch yesterday was summer rolls from HEB, dinner was sausage spag sauce (with an HEB Organic sauce as a base) with zoodles. Probably the most processed meal day I've had in quite a while, with probably more garlic sausage, and onion than I should have eaten in one sitting. I think the headache from 3 AM on was more from not being asleep, as I woke up at 830 yesterday morning. I really don't care if the guys and Geek can handle late nights like that, I tend to get bitchy when I can't sleep because people won't go home and Geek's dragging it out because he's feeling social.
    I'm contemplating starting a graphic web novel. It'd be loosely based on my life and would be a way for me to help myself heal. It would show how seemingly innocuous things can trigger panic and anxiety. The protagonist would probably be a girl roughly my age, with the past shown in flashbacks. If it could help me, maybe it could help someone else.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 10-13-2013 at 02:27 PM.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I'm contemplating starting a graphic web novel. It'd be loosely based on my life and would be a way for me to help myself heal. It would show how seemingly innocuous things can trigger panic and anxiety. The protagonist would probably be a girl roughly my age, with the past shown in flashbacks. If it could help me, maybe it could help someone else.
    This sounds like a good idea, and a great way of using your creativity to your benefit.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    ^Agreed!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

PrimalCon New York
    I went to the school I interviewed at to double check the principal's name for the thank you card, only the find out they're closed for Columbus Day. Went to HEB for groceries, only to find out that seemingly the whole damn county has the holiday off school and work. Got groceries (and sundries) anyways.
    Redying the hair. The blonde highlight from before were punching through.
    I started on the first page yesterday. I need to finish it today and start on the next page.
    Food this week, just under $40. Leftovers Monday. Chicken Alfredo with broc/ zuke noodles for me. Stuffed Roast lamb breast. Phillies. Leftovers Friday.
    My Primal Battle Tome