Page 192 of 272 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 2715

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 192

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Here ya go, courtesy the bathroom mirror.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Damn Naiaid. Looking awesome. (not that any of us are surprised.) Rocking the red.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    What Jon said!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Love it! You look fabulous.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    I agree with what everyone said...& I think you are adorable!! I'm proud of you for applying some of what you've learned. It's hard I'm sure, but like flying...just do baby steps! You go girl!!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Awww.... Thanks, y'all! I hadn't tried this color red before, I usually stay with the cooler tones. I think this looks better on me than my natural ash blonde. At $8 (or less, coupon dependent) a box, I think I can swing staying this color.
    The chile verde was good. Could've used a touch more salt, and a bright note (crock pot meals tend to need a last minute addition for that) and maybe some cumin. For my first time cooking pork EVER, I'm rather proud of it.
    I had a few more CBT moments yesterday.
    Geek was trying to describe something yesterday while we were gaming, and I started dying (and raging.) When I asked him to say it again after I was rezed, he said "never mind." Rather than allow myself to get angry and scared, I acknowledged the emotions,walked through the scenario again in my head, identified the healthy emotions, and put the fear away. It worked. Rather than gnawing on it for hours, I was able to let it go.
    I had a bad case of the hyperventilating worries right before I fell asleep about the job situation. Controlled my breathing, acknowledged the fear, reminded myself that I'll find SOMETHING, and put the fear away. Curled up next to Geek and fell asleep.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Stress sucks. Hugs.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Backyard is mostly mowed. It has a mohawk because the battery died, but the grass was tall enough you could lose a Froot Loop in it, so I expected a mohawk.
    I'm showered and medicated, waiting for the ijits at the body shop to call and say Molly's ready. Supposedly, they're doing their final inspection (a couple HOURS for an inspection?!) and she'll be ready.
    Applied for a planner position and IT position at Sister City, applied for a drafting position and engineer position. We'll see.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    That cut and color looks absolutely amazing on you.

When you were talking about the number of jobs you've held over the past 5 years, I started counting and I've held 10 different positions since this month, 2008. Not anything to write home about. I have almost been in this position for 6 months and I think this is the first job since Morgan Stanley that I've thoroughly enjoyed.

I'm not sure how to tell you to stop beating yourself up over this. At least you are finally seeing it as an opening to something new rather than an all out end. A creative job seems like a good fit for you. Here's something that I have thought of. What about volunteering? Meals on Wheels, local food pantry, schools. It would be something to keep you busy and could look good on a résumé.
    Georgette

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Lovely picture. It is great to "see" you.

Hang in there. Something good is coming.