Page 190 of 283 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 2828

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 190

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Don't forget, there are different levels of staying at home. There's just staying at home, there's staying at home & blogging, staying at home & freelancing, staying at home & working PT, staying at home & making art, and staying at home & eating bonbons.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    staying at home & eating bonbons.
    or living the dream as I call it.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    or living the dream as I call it.
    Yeah, she's got a pup too, so that's a pretty full dream.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    I've thought about going back to blogging or writing. I don't seem to have the right skills for freelancing in the area. Sitting around and eating bonbons is anathema to me; I'm not a Peggy Bundy or (my mother) a slacker. Wow, I think I just found another deep taproot from my childhood again, one I was quite happy to leave untouched. Anyways, I'm sorely uncomfortable not pulling my own weight monetarily. Anything less than equal terms and I feel like a sponge and a slacker. Geek paying all the bills makes me nervous, really nervous. We chose this house and lifestyle in case of something like this, but I still don't like not paying my own way. If something goes wrong again, we're up shit creek.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Just keep letting it all out. Hugs.

I found a nonengineering job that seems right up my alley that I'm applying for. Graduation advisor at the local community college.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Good luck. Also, I know you are no Peggy Bundy. A life of sitting at home and eating crap sounds good to me right now though so I am projecting

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I found a nonengineering job that seems right up my alley that I'm applying for. Graduation advisor at the local community college.
    I did a similar job years ago, for Air Force folks. I loved it! I'll send good karma vibes your way!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I think you may be giving up on engineering too soon. What about working on the issues you identified with your mentor before any major career change, which will have its own stressors?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am working on those, Sabine. The issue is that my resume is a shit stain at the moment from having too many jobs in such a short span. My last firm officially firing me was effectively the nail in the coffin. I'm still applying for engineering jobs, but I'm not expecting anything to come of it. 5 jobs in as many years, 6 if you count the CAD job, is not something employers want to see in a boom.
    I could go CAD, but there's not much mental stimulation there. "Here's this part. Draw it." I need something to keep me engaged or I'll get canned from this one too.
    TXDOT- Odessa district isn't hiring. There went that avenue, as I'm not willing to drive to Big Spring every day.
    Slept well last night. Not long enough, because my old boss from TXDOT called back in response to my query, but well enough.
    Friday, Saturday and Sunday had their share of 20%: deep fried onion bits, egg rolls, and cake for MIL's birthday.
    I guess now it's time to start updating Monster, LinkedIn and such.
    My Primal Battle Tome