Page 19 of 278 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 19

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I didn't get to rake. I burnt off energy by doing housework.
    Geek said that cops were cruising the neighborhood last night, like someone had gotten away from a crime. Started in front of the neighbor's to the front's house. They have plenty of scumbags, and I've called in a domestic disturbance on them once (the guy was yelling at her loud enough, and making unidentified noises to the point I was reasonably certain it wasn't a normal household fight.) I'm hoping she kicked scumbag alpha male to the curb and he got her scared enough that she called the cops on him and he ran. Not because she deserves to be frightened, but because I'm hoping she clued up and got out of the relationship. There was something going on in the neighborhood enough to scare our normally placid dog out of a sound sleep into watchdog mode right against the back door. Whatever it was, I'm hoping it's over and there's not a repeat performance. I'll keep an eye on the blotter today.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    We had a thrilling 'cops chasing bad guys down the street on foot' episode on our block once. I am very impressed by how fast cops(even fat-bellied ones) can run. But it is only fun in retrospect. At the time, I was quite scared, even though I was safely in my house.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Sad face. I figured out what's caused the bloating and gas of astronomic proportions these past several weeks: white potatos. I get to cross those off my list of safe, "empty" carbs and toss them back in the DNE pile. Anyone want 2 lb mini red potatoes?
    If none of your usual suspects want them, I'll roast 'em up and feed 'em to the kidlets and hubby.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    OH Noes...You can't do the Secret Miracle Potato Hack.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Lunch was rice noodle soup (1 tiny zuke,1handful green beans, Beef bone broth, rice noodles, and sriracha.)
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Gods, I'm dragging. Nothing sounds better than a nap. I'm dawdling and making a list of things I need tdo instead of actual work. Geek wants to do a date night tonight with dinner and Skyfall. I'll be fine by then, but not getting anything done is bugging me.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Enjoy Skyfall! Boyfriend and I loved it.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Skyfall was awesome. I wasn't happy with some of the plot points, but I see why they were made. I love the new characters they introduced. The new Q really is what a modern day Q should be (but bring back the gadgets, dammit.)Ate prime rib, sweet potato, Caesar salad, and a few cheesy fries last night.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Slept through my alarm this morning. Woke up to light coming from around the cracks of the blackout curtains and freaked. Got up, dressed, medicated, and to work in 20 minutes.
    Having steak salad for lunch, when it gets here, as well as cheesecake. (What? There was a minimum order.)
    Work's been busy. I'm also starting to get a bit of reputation of a miracle worker.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I'm with you on the potatoes. If I ever need to blow myself up to twice life size, I'm just eat a white potato or two.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold