Page 189 of 249 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 2488

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 189

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So sorry.

I could see you doing any of those creative things you mentioned. You are such a talented person.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Applied at City for the engineer position. I called the city engineer and asked him about it. He said they were really hunting for someone with experience as a PE, but he'd see what he could do or find for me.
    I guess now, with one city not currently looking and one application sent off, with a call in to TXDOT, I need to start looking for creative careers I can go into without a specialized degree or license. I can technically apply as a sub at the school district and start looking at an alt teaching license. I can tutor without a specialized degree, most places. I might look into what it takes to set up an Etsy seller account or another art selling account. I'm not sure about interior design. I know there are degrees for it, but I'm not sure how mandatory they are.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I think a lot of successful online artistic ventures are purely based in marketing. My friend became a wedding photography simply from plugging her services & keeping her photography up to date. I think she started out just getting some followers on DeviantArt and went from there with selling photos through some 3rd party site, and then her own site w/ doing photo shoots for friends.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

There is a job I am looking at applying for. The only thing holding me back is how it might affect my mental state, given my empathy levels and past. I would work for a rape crisis center, as part of their education program, with direct interaction during and directly after such a crisis. I think my empathy would take me too far in the wrong direction, but I'm really think about it.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

TRIGGER WARNING (suicide)
    I went through a really bad time yesterday. Cried my heart out. Convinced myself for several hours that the world would be better off without me. I think the only reason I didn't, aside from Geek having to clean up the mess, was that I was too chicken. I walked away from chopping dinner, and went to go outside with the dog when I noticed those thoughts. Geek was in his own world of misery, not that I blame him. I called myself every name in the book, including the biggest two (useless and worthless.) I even advised Geek that it "might be better for [him] to cut my dead weight and move on." When he just looked at me and simply said "why?" I responded with everything I'd been crying over, sans the suicide (although I know he knew about it because of the things I was saying.) Once I'd rage and cried, he simply replied with what kind of job could you keep?" Not in a cruel way, just a matter of fact "what career path will you choose?" That lifted a serious amount of weight off my shoulders. I was anticipating him being the biggest barrier to me changing careers. Knowing that he really will love me even not as an engineer did a lot for me. (I'm too used to people taking any excuse they can to bow out of my life.)
    I also didn't realize how much of my self worth I tie to my job until yesterday. Being fired for the first time as an engineer HURT, even if it purportedly wasn't for my work output. Knowing that I got one of the hardest bachelor's degrees on planet Earth only to not use it set me in mourning for the career not meant to be. Knowing I sat through an 8 hour test and am planning on sitting another, not to use the outcome, HURTS. It seems I'm crying for a late term miscarried child, one that could have lived if the mother had just tried harder. Obviously, that's an extreme analogy, but that's how it feels. I'm still mourning for my career. I didn't realize I tied so much of myself to my career that suicide seemed a viable option to it going away. I'm not going to lie and fart rainbows, it's still oddly appealing when I think of my options. More so than it should be, not that I'd ever actually do it. Don't tell me to see a therapist, the ones around here are useless and I don't have the funds anyways. Don't tell me to see a shrink, I'm not going to medicate away the pain so I don't hafta feel it and I don't have the funds anyways. I'm just gonna keep spilling m guts out here and crying my heart out and throwing myself pity parties while I look around for my next step.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I hope the next step shows up soon. I'm glad Geek had the right words for you.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    No words sweetie...just big hugs!
    SW-211
    CW-209

Goal: Don't worry be happy!

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theprimalcajun View Post
    No words sweetie...just big hugs!
    ^this. and more hugs. Many many more.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Thanks y'all. I'm still on edge emotionally, and crying at the drop of a hat, but it's not the suicidal crying.
    My Primal Battle Tome

PrimalCon New York
    Geek has an idea as to the next step. It's a step we've been avoiding for quite some time, as it would likely involve him doing a fair amount of travel for some time, and he hates traveling. Effectively, he would take the offer the client has been making for quite some time and work for them directly. He would most likely lose his working from home as well. They were offering him 2- 2.5 times what his current company pays him. I'd pick up a job and he'd pick up the majority of the bills, throwing a significant amount more into the mortgage each month. We'd get the house and cars paid off and then I'd go back to school full time for an ME degree or something more useful in this area. Until then, I'd pick up something I can at least stay at that's not engr. He also made the suggestion of me being a SAHM, and him paying all bills. I don't know that I could do that and he seems to be of the same opinion.
    My Primal Battle Tome