Page 187 of 277 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 2770

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 187

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm feeling left out up at work because of my diet. No one wants to invite me to or accept an invite to lunch with me because the allergy scares them. Hrmph. I want to be social and they're afraid to eat with me.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Lame. It's not as if your restrictions are stopping them from eating.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    What a bunch of rotten coworkers you have. We're planning a pot luck lunch next week, and my coworkers checked with me to make sure the main dish was "something you can eat?" on a Whole 30. ALL of them are SAD eaters to the max, but they know I'm particular and they accommodate me!

It's just irritating. I miss the camaraderie I had at the City. Why couldn't I just be allergic to peanuts or something people understand and LABEL?
    Yeah, I know. Would you like some cheese with that whine? Twist of irony, I can't have either.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Bah. We're running away this weekend, or I'd invite you to come be social with me.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Figured out my Halloween costume. It's a riff on Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas. Black leather corset, blue peasant blouse (I already own both of those), a scrap remnant circle skirt with overstitched seams, and drawn/ glued on stitches.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I give up. I can't fucking win. The whole goddammed universe seems to be against me being an engineer. Now unemployed and jockeying with federal employees for unemployment. AGAIN.
    I was officially let go because "our management style didn't work well together." I was actually fired for being prettier, skinnier and smarter than Queen High Bitch, Ruler of the company and being too smart/ stupid to kiss her ass.
    My Primal Battle Tome

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Hey Naia, I lurked into your journal today after reading your comment in Tashas. Really sorry about you losing your job! If it's any consolation I'm also currently unemployed and can't find work. It sucks big time, but it never lasts, and something better always comes along. Just trust. Everything will be okay.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Oh no naiad!!! I am so sorry. That just sucks!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I am so sorry to hear about your job. I saw your posts on FB. Sending you prayers/good vibes.
    Georgette