Page 184 of 283 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2828

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 184

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I finally figured out the "treat your body as a temple" schtick. I always thought it kinda campy and cheesy. Most temples and churches I know look awesome until you get close. Churches especially are great at a wonderful facade with a crumbling foundation (both physically and metaphorically.) The quote references the old ways. If you worshipped a god, the holy grounds were preserved, as well as the rites. The gods knew lip syncing and wouldn't hesitate to turn you into a deer. You got out of the gods what you gave to them and their holies. A rich man "bought" fewer favors with hundreds of drachma than the poor man "bought" with a penny and a solid act of faith. It boils down to treating your body as the poor man: fix the crack with grout, don't gild it over.
    I've been gilding cracks and using drachma to steady the altar. I think it's time to invest in some time and grout in my temple. A well built shanty will outlast the prettiest paper house.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Congratulation, government employees, on being screwed over by the rich kids of Congress.
    Last night for dinner,we went to Fazoli's (a fast food Italian place) because that's what everyone except me wanted. I ordered the only thing on their menu I could eat, only to find out that feta wasn't shown as an ingredient and the best dressing was still something I shouldn't eat. I put on as little dressing as I could get away with. Feta seems not to have the same effects as cow milk cheese, but I can't be certain, as I was already symptomatic when I ate it. The cheese effects do seem to be a mild allergy/ sensitivity, as Benadryl helped considerably with symptoms.
    Came home and FLed. I had no clue we had that much extra crap on the bookshelf and built in. Thankfully, I cleaned off the baker's racks a few weeks ago, so those didn't need much, just some rearranging. Dusted while I was at it. (I dust maybe once a year, if that.) We never physically touch the telly. Why was there gunk on it? (Still need to get that off without breaking LCDs or removing coating.) Should probably vacuum tonight, to remove all the dust that escaped the rag. Cleaned light switch plates in the living rooms. Cleaned off 4+ years of accumulated West Texas from the outside of the back door, didn't wash the windows on it, though.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    4+ years of accumulated West Texas...that is a great line.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    My favorite screen cleaner is this stuff:
    Monster ScreenClean™ Keeps All Your Screens Clean and Clear

We use it on our computer monitors & TV.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

We have some screen cleaner, I just need to find it.
    Jon, I never clean the outside of our doors because it really doesn't cross my mind. I grew up in Dallas, where the dirt stays on the ground and with doors you had to hip check to get to open. The dust never had a chance to accumulate, especially with 5 people and a cat.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I've done my normal work output. Can I go home now?
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I've done my normal work output. Can I go home now?
    Only if I can too.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

The temple metaphor seems to be holding, in terms of keeping me away from things that might be harmful (like cheese.)
    Confirmed that not even feta is safe. Makes sense. If mozz wasn't safe, the feta wouldn't be.
    Lunch was a cobb salad. I would kill for a prepared salad that doesn't hafta be picked over. I still haven't found one. (well, Steak Express salads are safe, if I use my own dressing.) Most use lunchmeat (nope), cheese (nope), cretins (all kinds of hell no), or any combination thereof.
    We went to Home Repo after work to try to order the windows for the north side of the house, only to find out that the slackjawed yokel trying to take the order knew jack and squat about the form he was filling out. After a circle fuck of misery there, we went to a steakhouse for dinner. Ribeye, caesar salad (no cretins or parm), and sweet potato with butter.
    Came home and killed some frustration via video games. I got some FLYing done, not as much as I should have. Put my shoes away and started laundry. Stripped the bedskirt (harder than it sounds, as I can't actually remove the mattress from the box, so I have to worm it out and worm it in whenever I futz with it) and threw it in the washer, as well as the comforter and the sheets. First time the bedskirt's been washed since we got it at the wedding (Oct 24, 2009.) Got more laundry going. Chose my clothes for tomorrow. Grabbed the boots that need to go to the cobbler and put them by my purse to take sometime tomorrow.
    Today was just thrown out of whack by boring work and errands after work. Since tomorrow is as yet unplanned after work, I figure it'll be a floors day: sweeping/ mopping/ vacuuming the house and sweeping out the patio and front porch.
    On a different tack, I'm thinking about Halloween costumes. It's pretty much guaranteed that Geek will use the demon/ death robe again, so we have the spook factor, especially since we tend to leave the house lights off with only the porchlight for light. (We turn on the entryway light for small kids.) I wanna use my corset, dammit. I may wuss out again and just do a vampire if I can't think of anything else. I might use my pencil skirt and peasant blouse and body paint to do a version of Sally for Nightmare before Christmas.
    My Primal Battle Tome

It's not possible to lose all of your balance overnight, is it? My alarm went off, I got out of bed and staggered 5 steps before full on face planting into the floor, earning myself a nice patch of rugburn right under my left eye. I laid there for a minute or two, trying not to fall back asleep or throw up (post nasal drip and balance issues don't play well together) then got up again. I was still a little dizzy, but it got better as I walked to the living room. I want to chalk it up to sleep holdover, but a little niggling voice reminds me that I've never experienced that before. The only comparison I can make is that it must be what walking on a ship in a heavy storm feels like, I had no center and I was dizzy. Still am a little. No new meds before bed, no new foods, no chemical cleaners (well, laundry detergent.) I still am very mildly dizzy.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I like the temple metaphor. Sorry about the dizzy spell. Scary. That sometimes happens to me when I wake up suddenly in the middle of the night. I jump out of bed and crash to the floor.