Page 183 of 283 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 2828

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 183

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    I dunno. I was pondering that same thought.
    The gunk is gone, no thanks to my poor food choices. Last night was Chinese buffet. I pretty much filled up on a couple kinds of rice and sushi, but I won't deny that flan, terriyaki chicken, crab rangoon, chocolate cake, and pot stickers happened.
    I'm hungry for real food. Real breakfast, even. Too bad "breakfast meats"- ham, bacon, sausage- are off my menu. So are hashbrowns and french fries. I've been craving a Breakfast Jack for a while. It's pretty much all I eat from Jack in the Box. I hate eating alone in a restaurant, though, and we're out of eggs.
    I may go malling. Probably shouldn't. My mind is in a dangerous spot for that. I may pull out cash and only allow myself to spend that, leaving the debit card in the truck to enforce that.
    Or I could go to Joann's and find buttons I need for that cardigan. Maybe some fabric dye for that red shirt I don't wear and a dye pen for that bleach stain on one of my shirts. Maybe start figuring out how to tailor that stuff in my sewing pile. The sweaters'd be easy, I've done that with a bunch of things. (Note to manufacturers: tiny women generally don't have that much side boob. Target, I'm looking at you!) The H&M dress, I've done something similar before.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Naiad...can you not have sulfite free breakfast meats? That's what I buy. Mostly bacon. HEB carries some.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

I can, but restaurants go for the cheap stuff. Unless I buy it and cook it myself, I really don't consider it to be an option. Same goes for bread products. I can eat the nonsulfite stuff without issue, but that's nearly impossible to find unless I make it myself. The only safe one I've found is the HEB sourdough, and I think that one had soy lecithin in it.
    I was just bitching because we were out of eggs and I wanted breakfast.
    I think I figured out why my thyroid pill seemed to only partially work. You're supposed to take it on it's own on an empty stomach. I was taking it with all the rest of my pills in the morning. Heh. Oops. Now I'm doing what I'm supposed to do and taking it, waiting half an hour, then taking everything else.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Yup...thyroid is supposed to be taken as soon as you get up...& on an empty stomach. But at least you were taking it!! I've forgotten the last couple of mornings!!! doh! Head slap!!

I would imagine the Chinese buffet also is guilty of using msg...which makes me swell up like a big ol toad!! lol. Some don't use it...or so they say.

I loooooovvveee sour dough bread. Do you make it yourself? I would love to try my hand at it sometime.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

My grandfather found this old family photo from 1918. Take a close look at the young woman on the far left.

Now take a look at this photo of myself from my wedding.

I thought I took after my mother more than anything, in terms of appearance. Looking at that photo, I favor my father's side of the family. The young lady on the far left on the photo from 1918 is my great grandmother Eleanor.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    How neat!

blake8705 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I went, got ready for bed, and passed out while they played Starcraft II.
    There are other people in Midland that play this? Whaaaa

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    That's awesome. My grandmother (and grandfather, before he died) asserts that I look like a Mini Baba aka. just like my paternal grandmother. Nobody else sees it and I take after my mom very strongly. I'll have to see if I can find some photos of my maternal grandma when she was younger to compare the face structures. I don't know if my mom took after her dad (died long before I was born).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Blake- My little group of people play every once in a while here in Odessa. More recently, it's been Guild Wars 2.

NW- Looking through other family photo and comparing those to the one above, You can definitely see where the Richey side of the family suppresses the Cheney looks. It appears to have suppressed the Sharp line from my mother in the 3 of us, as the young lady on the far right is almost a spitting image of my middle sister. My mother's side of the family has sworn that I favor their side, but my grandfather has always said I look just like great grandma Eleanor. Fun fact: my great grandma Eleanor was 4'11" at her tallest. I'm short for both sides of the family, at 5'2".
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Finally feeling human again. I think the elimination experiment confirmed a sensitivity to cheese, possibly all dairy, and sulfites.
    My belly has NOT been happy since the fishy cheesy goodness Saturday. The discomfort felt like a nervous stomach, all freaking weekend. The purges were less than pleasant and less than complete. On top of the flu, it made for a very uncomfortable and unhappy naiad.
    Food tonight is at a restaurant. Dunno where, but errands mean food out.
    Found a full body body weight workout that I can split through my work day, if I'm wearing slacks. Trying it out today to work out mods needed.
    My Primal Battle Tome